Cable scratchers

jkyle500

Reaction score
Yesterday I tried building a set of cable scratchers for my RMK 155. I realize they won't do anything on ice, I'm thinking more for when I'm leaving town etc. that they'll toss up a bit of snow and save the slide rails somewhat when there's only an inch or two of snow. I mounted them about a half inch behind the front idler in the hole that's already in the rail. As near as I can tell they won't interfere with anything.

All I did was use an eyelet bolt, attached the cable with an aluminum crimp, then put the cable through the eyelet to force it down. The cable is barely long enough to touch the running board, so I don't think it should beat up anything.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

sUIp8.jpg

6cnME.jpg

7vvI7.jpg

Jenkie

Reaction score
I thought about the flex scratchers that you can purchase - Your home made approach looks good - everyone I spoke to about the flex /cable scratchers tells me that they do not have engough down force and tend to be much less effective in preventing hyfax wear on the trail. Tough lessions to back up with the stiff scratchers, and cash out = lesson learned.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yup not a fan of the cable system ......... buddy had it and they never worked well. Just put on some regular ones and they actually have a lot of down force. jmo

Top Bottom