Buying new tires

Bryan

Reaction score
I will be buying new tires within the next few days, what is a good tire? I have been considering Goodyear - armer guard- does anyone use these?

A good place to get them ???

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think my next tire is going to be nitto dura grapplers. they are kind of like a semi tire and last a long time..well are designed to last a long time.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who makes these radials that I hear about? Some folks say radial is the way to go.

joeboo73

Reaction score
I will be buying new tires within the next few days, what is a good tire? I have been considering Goodyear - armer guard- does anyone use these?

i use them and love them good grip

LINZ

Reaction score

I have the GoodYear Armour Guard Pro Grade 10 ply rated tires on my truck. I now have 40k kms on them, mostly pavement. All I can say is: DO NOT get these tires. Worn down to near nothing, totally useless. Worst tires I have ever owned over 30 years of truck tires. They put the same on a delivery truck where my brother-in-law works....and same thing. Seen a few others around as well that looked like crap. Owners where not around though, so don't know mileage or driving conditions.. Don't know if this was a bad batch of rubber or what. I will NEVER buy these tires again.

I got them at Fountain Tire on 97th st. where, by the way, thier customer service attitude totally SUCKS Imo. If you still buy them, hope you have better luck.

Any other suggestions? I will also be buying new tires shortly as these nogood year ones won't cut it.

Thanks

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had those Goodyears on my pickup, not happy, wear real fast for being on an empty 1/2 ton. Had Toyo A/Ts on my 3/4 ton No winter traction even when they were new, wont buy these again. Just put on some BFGoodrich A/T KOs, heard good reviews from a few people, this winter will tell the truth. My brotherhad some ProComp ATs on his truck, was happy with those but are limited in sizes.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some good year dura tracks on my F-150 right now and I like them so far grip good in the snow and mud and not too bad on ice considering they are a more agresive tire

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put on some "maximilers" on my half tone. there not good year but are fountain tires brand of winter tire. they were not to expensive and seem to be working good so far. DEEP seeps. kicked my friends @ss up a snowy hill and he has good year wrangler mud terrain. Lookin forward to testing them out to there limits this winter!! lol

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the Silent Armour Progrades w/ Kevlar.

I'd agree - stay away. They wear down fast. They seem to be well rated by most of the major companies, but do wear down quickly.

Based on the consumer reports, etc. - I'll be looking at the Mich LTX M/S tires. (NOT the A/T2's)
I think when I was looking, there was only one tire better - but the price was crazy on them.
You can get LTX M/S's from Costco for $270 all in OTD. Highly rated for both winter conditions and for treadlife. At least that what the reviews are all claiming.

BTW - the M/S 2's are coming out at end of November - supposed to be a bit better.

Good luck!

Top Bottom