Buying a used vehile in the u.s.??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The national motor vehicle title information service(nmvtis) is an online tool developed by the united states department of justice to help protect consumers from automobile fraud. If buying a used vehicle in the u.s. Use the nmvtis to access the vehicle's brand history, odometer data and basic vehicle information. Brand history provides information about the vehicle's current or prior condition and includes whether it was ever classified as "salvage" or "flood"

for many vehicle , one can even access the full title record from the state where the vehicle is currently registered. The nmvtis website links the user to a choice of online service providers. For a small fee, one can then purchase a report on any vehicle for which nmvtis has records.

Nmvtis currently has information for over 316,000,000 vehicles with over 46 million brand records and over 1 million records of vehicles designated as junk, salvage or total losss as reported by junk yard, recyclers and insurers.

National Motor Vehicle Title Information System

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'm sure this will help some people thinking of heading south to spend some money as the dollar gains some ground again.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully going again soon..............good info Ric.

Question - Anyone know if the vehicle is over 15 years old an exempt from RIV process - what does that mean. I assume just duty and gst plus provincial inspection without the need to do daytime running lights or any other extras? Is that about right?

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hopefully going again soon..............good info ric.

Question - anyone know if the vehicle is over 15 years old an exempt from riv process - what does that mean. I assume just duty and gst plus provincial inspection without the need to do daytime running lights or any other extras? Is that about right?

yup, i beleive you're right..... Vehicles older than '92 don't need dtr lites...........

Top Bottom