Buying a US imported Harley

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A friend of mine bought a Harley from Camrose, Brand new. He took a vacation to Winnipeg, 6000 miles, noticed some noise from the transmission. When he got back he took to the shop, they indicated that its a transmission bearing and he'll have to go to a local Harley dealer to get warranty work. So he went to both dealers in Edmonton and he called the dealer in Reddeer and got the cold shoulder. So now where does he go from here? When he purchased the bike there was no mention of any issues with the warranty.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the down side of buying a Harley from a Unauthorized dealer. (deeley never got his cut) Harley will do the work on it but it goes to the back, might take a month or two. Best thing is to take it back to H of T.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing to do is find a different dealership. Second thing is to remember that this time of the year, everyone wants thier bikes fixed now. Worst part about seasonal toys is when they break down you loose precious time to use them.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just my opinion, can't say you blame the dealer!!!

I don't think it is right, but they can do it. in their dealer agreement they are not allowed to turn down warranty work if the warranty is still valid, as the factory pays them to do it, and it is not in their best interest to get in a pissing match with the factory. but i see where they are coming from, but on the other hand, maintence, parts, accesories, are a huge part of their income, and I am sure that your friend won't be visiting these local dealers for that.

we take care of all our customers the same, the service department gets paid the same. The dollar won't always be like this, everyone is a potential customer. on the used car market, not sure if the same for used bikes, but a canadian unit is still worth more then a us one, and people seem to want to pay more for the canadian ones.

on that, why do people compare buying a new truck to a used us truck, and then when they actually buy the used american one, show up to brag, and then I ask them where they got the money, well home line of credit (who woulnd;t want to attatch a depreciating asset to a loan for a appreciation asset??), or loan so their is interest, well there is a 11,000 cash back right off of the top for chev diesels, plus some room to move, so (i know he is a member here) why are they upset that i could have cold him a new one for less then the one he drove two days to go get, hotel etc, and i could have saved him 2000 just on the purchase price!!!for a new one. and i could probably get him a used one here too!!!!!
sorry for the rant.

Top Bottom