Buyin a sled...

MudPro10

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im dealin on a '08 M8 ArcticCat. Was just wondering cause i have never owned a sled, are these a good machine and what should i look for on this thing. Its mint, not a scratch on it and has only 1000 miles on it. Any advice/pointers woudl be much appreciated. THX

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the 08's came with a 4 year warranty, if thats the case your good to go no matter what. Any mods done? Is it clutched for your area? M8's came clutched for 6-9000 ft. How much $$$? These are good machines, not a whole lot of problems.

MudPro10

Reaction score
No mods done. He said the clutch is done for sask flat land ridin and not for the mountains. Lookin at $8000.00 for it. Ive looked it over and its so clean. The guy traded it on 2 new 2010 M8ho. Not sure the warranty, ill have to ask thx i will check to see if any wartranty remaining.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone. Im dealin on a '08 M8 ArcticCat. Was just wondering cause i have never owned a sled, are these a good machine and what should i look for on this thing. Its mint, not a scratch on it and has only 1000 miles on it. Any advice/pointers woudl be much appreciated. THX

Sounds like a nice sled. I know there was a guy out of Reddeer on kijiji selling brand new 08 m1000 . $8900. Tax in. With warrenty.Shop around. Not sure if he has any left.But then you would have to want a m1000.Just throwing it out there.

Darrell :beer::beer::beer:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its $8000 all in thats not a bad price, there are some cheaper ones with less miles around edmonton but whats your time worth and gas to get there. If its at a dealer and they want GST and PST that brings it up to $8800 which i think is way too much. Let us know how you make out.

dooski

Reaction score
I'll sell you my 2007 m1000. pm me and i will give you a good price for it.Need to sell.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you've never owned a sled before an 800 will be lots of power, even an M7 would be enough. My apologies to the sellers here, but I think an M1000 is a little too much sled for a beginner.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
If you've never owned a sled before an 800 will be lots of power, even an M7 would be enough. My apologies to the sellers here, but I think an M1000 is a little too much sled for a beginner.

You will be happy with a m8. They are very reliable. I had a bunch of cats when I rented sleds up until last year. No issues with any of them. I still have my 08 m8. A Stock M8 has close to the same power as a M7. 142-145 hp. M1000 are great sleds also. Don't restrict yourself on power cuz you will always want more, but then that's just my opinion cuz I'm kind of old and senile and I now get my thrills from feeling my arms pulled out of my sockets. By it!

melnick

Reaction score
This late in the season 1/2 to 2/3 of new price would be a better deal. When you buy used you are taking some risk(even if it a good sled and the buyer is sincere), you lose the goodwill of a dealer (a good one will offer helpful advice free to good customers) and there is substantial depreciation on recreational "toys".

Just my 2 cents.

cobbycat

Reaction score
I have a buddy in b.c. that has an 08 m8 sno-pro for $7500obo. pm me if interested. but if you can scratch up the dough, the 09 m8 is a better sled, not that the 08 is bad, the 09 is just a bit better.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure you could get into 09 m8 used for that price if you look around. There will be lots going up for sale shortly I would say........guys wanting to get their summer toys.Try to get the sno pro if you can.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a little high for this time of year in my opinion. Shop around there's a few out there.

MudPro10

Reaction score
Well I ended up buyin it! Got it for 8000 taxes in. With a xtra belt,plugs jug oil and a hat.lol Rode it all day yesturday and I love it!

MudPro10

Reaction score
thanks everyone for your help!!!
He is recomendin a JAWS can for it, anyone run one? Are they good?
also, how do i attach a pic to my post?

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not start calling every AC dealer around, if you can get a NEW one for that price or close, better off, also look at the 600s too. I think personally a 800 is too big for a Newbie.

I have owned most sleds built since 66, I now have a 800 Polaris, its way to much of a sled for me. BUT ,the price was right .Be careful if you do get a 800.

advice from a oldie.

Top Bottom