Bushwacker fender flares.......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Okay, I have been doing a little research on these expensive flares. The pocket style is what I was looking at.

Question is related to salt and moisture getting below or underneath them and over time causing rust on the original paint/fender.

Anybody out there have any experience with this? The little chrome/SS bolts are phonies and just for decoration.

pocket flares.jpg

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has had them for about 5 years with no issues but I also know some guys that pull them off after every winter to clean it out underneath them.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they do have a seal on the top side where they meet the paint i would think over time they would trap stuff behind and start rusting
the old style little chrome ones did on some trucks
i have been debating these on my last truck and my new one but they are $1000- 1200 bucks by the time they are painted

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had them rub through on my truck, but a body man told me that they were installed loose and that's why they rub through. I've seen a lot of guys put armor guard on the fender then put them on. You may want to look at long john fender flares/mudflats too.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked tbe dealership to 3M tbe fenders before putting on the pocket flares. They insisted they've nwver had an issue and I'd be wastimg my money. I guess only timw will tell for sure.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll put the 3M paint protection on for you, $20 each fender. You install the flares though.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
they loosen up overtime causing rubbing and rusting issues. bushwacker is over priced go stampede I sell them For $420 tax in.

I'll put the 3M paint protection on for you, $20 each fender. You install the flares though.

Between you two I might be able to strike a deal.......I gotta go to Idaho and get my deck installed and think about a few other details to spruce it up!

I'll be in touch!

PBNFLD

Reaction score
If you dont really have a need for them, dont. I have them on my truck but I have 37"x13.5"x20" tires on my truck, so it fits the look. Those flares look terrible on a truck with the stock tires.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like Murm says, it's the next guy's problem.....unless you keep your truck for ten years like me. but if you're looking at longevity, bolting stuff onto your painted vehicle is bad. I'm curious to see how the 3M thing works whoDEANie....I think it's a good idea

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
IMHO they look dumb unless you have a really big tire.

IMHO they look dumb unless you have a really big tire.[/QUOTE
Yup as gay as cum on a moustache

If you dont really have a need for them, dont. I have them on my truck but I have 37"x13.5"x20" tires on my truck, so it fits the look. Those flares look terrible on a truck with the stock tires.

It is everybody's right to like or dislike something......................as we all know.
and everybody has a right to their opinion...................as we have all learned on this fantastic forum.

I happen to like the look as long as they fit the truck.................so there!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will look sharp with a flatdeck fernie. Everything will "flow" better as far as appearance.

Top Bottom