Burning fuel like crazy

mason1000

Reaction score
My 1000's burn fuel and oil like crazy. I put forty miles on it and I burned a full Jerry can with of fuel so 25 liters and the exhaust will burn the eyes out of your head if you stop for a minute. And it smokes like crazy I have owned a ton of dirtbikes and two stroke quads and this thing eats oil like no other. Just wondering if this is the norm for these 1000's .....ps I'm not just cruising either. Its a mix of everything . Thanks

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 1000's burn fuel and oil like crazy. I put forty miles on it and I burned a full Jerry can with of fuel so 25 liters and the exhaust will burn the eyes out of your head if you stop for a minute. And it smokes like crazy I have owned a ton of dirtbikes and two stroke quads and this thing eats oil like no other. Just wondering if this is the norm for these 1000's .....ps I'm not just cruising either. Its a mix of everything . Thanks

My M1000 is a pig on fuel as well! I get better mileage on trails than I do in the deep pow that's for sure! Just keep it fueled up and pack extra for anything over 40KM it's like a buck per litre per KM :(

Trigger

Reaction score
My Crossfire 1000 is hard too, we did 40miles the other day and I burnt 32 liters. We were riding hard, boondocking almost the whole time in 2 to 3 feet of POW! Also just found out my clutches are ridiculously out of alignment which would account for the belts blowing. This may help with fuel as it will be shifting properly and not pulling a long gear at times.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
If you want to fix your fuel problem you need to buy a boondocker box and a digitron and start there. Once you figure out your rich areas you start taking away fuel untill you get your temps up in the 1200 degree area. Also you need to check your oil injection because some people have had them stick at a quarter open and it causes them to run terrible on idle and low end and smoke like crazy. My m1000 is good on fuel, I get 8mpg riding in the mountains in deep powder and I am running a 174" track.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Crossfire 1000 is hard too, we did 40miles the other day and I burnt 32 liters. We were riding hard, boondocking almost the whole time in 2 to 3 feet of POW! Also just found out my clutches are ridiculously out of alignment which would account for the belts blowing. This may help with fuel as it will be shifting properly and not pulling a long gear at times.

The clutch alignment bar is around $36 bucks and is real handy for aligning, this would save you the cost of belts at the rate your popping em! After clutch alignment be sure to set proper belt deflection, this also save belts :d

mason1000

Reaction score
So I checked it out. I'm getting 5.5 mpg and I'm wondering if adding a y pipe will help lean this thing out. Everything I own is a hog on fuel so if this is how it is then so be it. I don't really want to add 1200$ worth of electronics to get a mile per gallon it will be added but not this year. I have a few upgrades planned for next season like digitron ypipe , fuel control box , venting. And the new 2011 seat but that's a while away seeing that I have to do this to two sleds. This could get very expensive. I was also wondering about turning the oil pump down because it seems rich all the way around this thing will burn your eyes out going any slower then 10mph lol.

killerrf

Reaction score
So I checked it out. I'm getting 5.5 mpg and I'm wondering if adding a y pipe will help lean this thing out. Everything I own is a hog on fuel so if this is how it is then so be it. I don't really want to add 1200$ worth of electronics to get a mile per gallon it will be added but not this year. I have a few upgrades planned for next season like digitron ypipe , fuel control box , venting. And the new 2011 seat but that's a while away seeing that I have to do this to two sleds. This could get very expensive. I was also wondering about turning the oil pump down because it seems rich all the way around this thing will burn your eyes out going any slower then 10mph lol.

i would get a full slp exh and call it a day. that will lean it out and you will have to rev higher. out on the prairies here i get 60 miles to tank with open intake, pc3, full exh. but at 60 miles im pretty much on fumes. hardly anything left in the tank. fuel hoses on the pickups are above the fuel. anyways the m1000 will like that exh setup. it wakes that engine up nicely. thats how a 1000 should have come from factory if you ask me.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Burn your eyes out ?? You running nitro methane? It sounds super rich mine doesn,t burn my eyes out. es you can smell it but not brutal. I,ve been around racecars that will do that to your eyes. Your fuel mileage looks ok though. I get around 60 miles to a tank too. Some fairly hard riding though. Easy trail riding you will get more.

Top Bottom