Burandt Ditches Cat, Joins Polaris

wide_open

Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you have heard but I haven't seen posted, Christ Burandt and much of his entourage is now riding for Polaris. I personally found it to be a shock, based on how much he talked Cat's up.... However, I'm sure Polaris drove a dumptruck full of money to his house, so I don't blame him as it's the way he makes his living. He's a sick rider regardless of his whip, so I'm sure we'll see the same thrilling video segments even if his ride is a different colour now.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en...?WT.ac=SNO-10-US-HOME-MAIN-2-09_CHRIS_BURANDT

dooski

Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you have heard but I haven't seen posted, Christ Burandt and much of his entourage is now riding for Polaris. I personally found it to be a shock, based on how much he talked Cat's up.... However, I'm sure Polaris drove a dumptruck full of money to his house, so I don't blame him as it's the way he makes his living. He's a sick rider regardless of his whip, so I'm sure we'll see the same thrilling video segments even if his ride is a different colour now.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en...?WT.ac=SNO-10-US-HOME-MAIN-2-09_CHRIS_BURANDT

oh I feel sorry for Chris now:d:d:d:d:d just kidding

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still shows cat on his web site. whats up with that. guess it had to leave cat My true passion for snowmobiling comes in the back country. There is an adventure around every corner, a challenge staring you in the face at every hill and a sense of exploration as you wander through areas where no one else may have never been.

These are all the things I live for when I ride and I wanted to share this experience with others. Thus my new venture…Burandt's Back Country Adventures! I have teamed up with Arctic Cat and some of the industries elite aftermarket companies to provide a breathtaking riding experience through the rugged Rocky Mountains of Colorado with me. 6 fully prepped M series VOHK mod sleds will be on hand ready to take on the bottomless powder in some of my secret riding areas. This back country experience will help with your riding skills, technique, body positioning and so much more!

A beautiful 4 bedroom house located right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains will take care of your lodging. Spectacular meals will be furnished all throughout your stay, all while you enjoy some of the best riding in the world!

Special Burandt Back Country Adventure discounts on products from some of the biggest names in the aftermarket world, a freebie care package at the end of your trip and a chance to hang out with yours truly! This is a true turn key operation. Just show up and ride!!

Both Actor Vin Diesel, NASCAR Champions Jack Sprague and Dale Earnhardt Jr. have already booked their Back Country Adventures! So if you want to come and hang out with me and experience the rideof a lifetime, in my favorite riding areas, on brand new M8 and M1000 sleds just let me know.

Chris Burandt

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never been a polaris fan but i really have to say that new assault is a sweet ride, if polaris gave me one to ride i would, i might even buy one with my own money,i cant blame him for switching, prob got a buttload of money to ride what i think is a seriously cool sled.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also was shocked to hear the news this morning right after i woke up i thought i was probly still dreaming i never would have thought CB would jump ship from cat after all the hype he threw out there about a/c snowmobiles and how great he thought they were but in the end its always about the money so i wouldnt blame him one bit if arctic cat couldnt match or beat polarises offer in which im going to assume the dump truck containing that offer was probly the size of a coal mine truck!!!!!!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...don't know what to make of that....no different than what Cat did to Blair Morgan and guys like Carl Kuster.....don't understand Cats mentality in letting great riders move on to the competitors but suppose its no different than hockey players....along comes someone with a few more $$$$ and away they go....maybe its more of a case of the sponsor not standing up to the plate like they should when they get talented riders such as Chris or some of the past riders....factory rides used to be "Race on Sunday....sell on Monday" and I am pretty sure we all still watch what all these talented people can do and more importantly for the factories....we all watch what they ride and that sells. Wouldn't matter what one rides when you have talent...it'll sell sleds and Cat for whatever reason....should be hanging on to their stars! Cats loss....is Polaris gain....won't be the first and won't be the last. Happens to the best....even Gretzky wasn"t immune to it.....just my 2 cents....but has one questioning the loyalty of Cat to its riders? :confused:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, i just threw up in my mouth, what the hell chris anything but poolaris, i guess if they dump a truck load of cash on your front door, you have no choice....

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess this goes to show that it's not the machine, but the rider. Even though we all have are favorite brand and hack on our buddies that ride something other than what we ride, I'm sure Chris will be no less of a rider on a Polaris. They all have there pluses and minuses, but a to a good rider it's all the same. Especially when they change the majority of the parts to aftermarket anyway. He probably doesnt care what he rides, as long as they pay him, he'll say its the best.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His contract with Cat must have been up for renegotiations and Polaris offered more, Hey its just a job "right"

tredeb

Reaction score
I would say that polaris is up against the wall after the fusion and now the 800 dragon. They have to get some credibility back and the fastest way to do that is to hire one of the best riders to put his name on their sleds.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do a lot of people really give a damn what Chris or any other rider is on for the season?.

you wouldnt think it would make that much of a difference in the long run. maybe some people buy what the big boys ride. i for one have never cared who rode what, when it came to my bikes , cars and now a sled. makes no nevermind to me whos on what.

seriously who here bought a brand of machine because a pro was rideing that brand for the year>? ild sure be curious about that

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smell a new sled coming out from Polaris:

Introducing the Burragon 1000 with BD Turbo runs on pump gas, comes with custom molded hot pocket holder for an exact fit and perfect cook! :specool: Way to go Chris, i'd follow the money as well :)

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that a smart talented guy like Burandt would not jump ship for money alone. If the product he will represent is not top notch I would not think he would represent a dud product. Give the man credit. Money is not everything unless your values in life are messed up. Think about.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that a smart talented guy like Burandt would not jump ship for money alone. If the product he will represent is not top notch I would not think he would represent a dud product. Give the man credit. Money is not everything unless your values in life are messed up. Think about.

Then it's safe to say only time will tell! But in this day and age we live in, I'm sure money has had a lot to do with things....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I would tend to believe it was all money........a racer's loyalty to the sled they ride is inevitable.....they will love/cherish the sled they ride, and nothing else. When a contract is up, not unlike a hockey player, if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, then most people would be gone. Arctic cat lost the most famous racer(blair morgan) with a similar deal....... Not enough cash..... same way the oilers lost captain canada(ryan smith) and many, many other hockey players......... not enough cash! Just my 2 cents!

Top Bottom