Building my own engine???

sawitinamovie

Reaction score
Hi....am new to this place. Thought i'd post this question for anyone with a straight opinion........I have a few watercraft cylinders (1200/777/800 di). my plan is to try them on a 700 sled crankcase i have kicking around. Plugging the the holes and milling the sled style closed cooling system hole. Ofc changing the stroke to 70mm. Has anyone done this??? I want to try it on this 700 case first before i go and build my 1050/1200 crank. Thank:
Adam

oscar680

Reaction score
Hey Adam, there are a few guys that have built hybrid sled/ watercraft engines (I just finished building a 1200 triple) but not in the way that you are describing. I dont know this as a fact but Im fairly sure that a pure WC engine isnt highly renowned for making large amounts of power. The watercraft engines that I have seen in sleds are mostly built with sled parts and very few WC parts, you will prob have better luck and make more power with your sled cyl's. there is a good write up on snowest under "DIY watercraft" another thing to note is the cranks from the WC engines were not rated for the RPM a sled is designed to run at, I think 6000RPM is all you can get out of a 1200 WC crank. just a few things to check into.

Last edited:
Top Bottom