Building a viper what kind of skid?

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have checked a 15 viper 155" and I'm going to put a boost it kit on it and stretch it out to a 174" 3" just wondering what kind of skids guys are running? I hear great thing about the new racers edge skid with t motion and also anyone with a timbersled skid loves them I rode a 14 viper with a racers edge but it wasn't the t motion, any in put would be great.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a K-mod with raptor shocks and it works very good, you gain 3" of travel and it is a coupled skid, it can be set-up to wheelie or plant the ski's for climbing....all of the skids mentioned are far better than the OEM one

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll I have been talking with a few guys and I'm going with the racers edge t motion skid with ice age rails, 174 3" camo extreme, alpine tunnel extension boards and cooler, RSI bars and riser and a boost it kit running at 280 hp ish I can't wait to get this monster built and on the snow! It's starting out as a 2015 153" viper M-TX but after I'm done with it it's going to be unreal did I mention I can't wait!

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
I have a racers edge T-motion in my boost it viper 162x3. Gotta do some fine tuning to make sure the back of sled isn't too high putting too much front end lean to it, but got it dialed in and love it! Good choice :) - Cody

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a sled that had a Kmod with modded stock shocks the start of winter it was awful. I then put some raptors on it was 100 times better but still not real happy with skid seems like it wheelies easy in the coupled position. Maybe my expectations are too high or the boost😁. I would like to try the racers edge on my machine but can't justify spending that much money for a skid that might be a little better. when I build my next machine it will have a racers edge.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I bought a sled that had a Kmod with modded stock shocks the start of winter it was awful. I then put some raptors on it was 100 times better but still not real happy with skid seems like it wheelies easy in the coupled position. Maybe my expectations are too high or the boost. I would like to try the racers edge on my machine but can't justify spending that much money for a skid that might be a little better. when I build my next machine it will have a racers edge.

Understood. But I think you will find the Racers Edge skid significantly better. For Boosted Yamy power its either Racers Edge or CR10 from CR Racing. Make sure you get the magnetic coupling blocks.....make weight transfer adjustments a snap.
Cheers
RS

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Understood. But I think you will find the Racers Edge skid significantly better. For Boosted Yamy power its either Racers Edge or CR10 from CR Racing. Make sure you get the magnetic coupling blocks.....make weight transfer adjustments a snap.
Cheers
RS

Dammit randy now I feel like I need a racers edge..... Now to convince the wife why the racers edge is significantly better and why I need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom