Budweiser Shootout

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RCR #29 won the first race of the season tonight. Good way for 'Happy' to start the '09 Nascar season. It was a very entertaining race.
Who is everyone's pick to win the Daytona 500 next week?

Bucky

Reaction score
I hope my favorite driver 24 Jeff Gordon breaks out of his slump! Would also like to see Smoke do good with his new team. Second would be fine though.;)

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Mark Martin pulls it off, of all drivers still competing I beleive he deserves it, he's got the equipment now and starts on the front row. Here's hoping!!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Mark Martin pulls it off, of all drivers still competing I beleive he deserves it, he's got the equipment now and starts on the front row. Here's hoping!!

This is most likely Mark's best shot at it with a Hendrick car. Still pullin' for the #88. JR Nation all the way. Gotta pick the #7 Robby Gordon as a dark horse and I mean very dark. Sure hope he can have a good season. Have a ton of respect for the single car team in this economy and the dude just plain old lives to race anything, anytime.:hemiCoupe:

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#88 Dale Jr

Attachments

• Pic's Downloaded November 9, 2008 034.jpg
    Pic's Downloaded November 9, 2008 034.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 56

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i hope mark martin wins it too been a fan of his scince i started watchin nascar... or #99 carl he pretty good... thought he was going to win the chase last year. This could be his year

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brian Vickers is a idiot,to try and block somebody is one thing,but to push JR below the yellow line and then not let him back up,in the front of the pack.He should get suspended for a few races forsure.

Captainkip

Reaction score
The whole thing is messed up.

First of all plate races are gay. Its just a whole pack of cars waiting around for someone like vickers or junior to or whoever to slip up and take out a quarter or even half the field. Look at kyle and the rest of the dominant cars that got it on Sunday yet they had nothing to do with the battle between two cars a lap down. With the draft and crashes I mean you might as well only watch the last few laps.

Second - Lucky dog, thats the stupidest thing ever, if you go a lap down too bad, race your lap back or take your licks. As per point number one, look what happens when you have guys racing to be the lucky dog.

Third - Green white checkered, what the f@ck is that all about, Everyone knows in a plate race a green white checkered is a joke, its not like anyone can get their car really working in that short amount of time and its the draft and your buddies that will determine the winner. It goes back to it being a plate race, one minute your running 25 then the next half lap your 3rd or even first.

Fourth - The chase.......What can I say....kyle busch last year....8 wins and he finishes last after starting the chase first place. Im not saying he did not suck those last ten races but to work hard all year and lose....what 300 points?......The battle that Nascar wanted was between kyle and edwards anyway even before the chase started.

Ill stop there. I still like to watch it but you cant tell me that its going in a good direction or races like the shootout was entertaining when guys are just playing the odds, riding around in the draft and hoping not to get taken out by someone elses crash.

Top Bottom