Budget Suspension Upgrade for 08 Everest

Burns

Reaction score
So I am looking to replace/upgrade the shocks on my Everest but don't want to break the bank (I know budget and snowmobile generally don't go together). I am looking to spend 1000-1200k to replace all 4 shocks. I think I am decided on the xtreme air upgrade for the rear (priced out at 575USD shipped) This leaves me 4-600 for front shock upgrades. I am considering Float 2's but am thinking a decent set of Zero Pro's or other properly valved rebuildables would be the way to go. Any opinions on where to look? I have been scouring the swap sections of multiple forums but am not finding much.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Xtreme upgrade is a good choice for your '08.

You could look into the S-36 pacakge that Doo is supposed to have. part # 860200557

For $630cdn you get all new narrow stance arms and shocks. Thats if you like the narrow stance that comes on the new sleds. I have yet to hear if this package is available.

Float's aren't quite as good as Evols, but obviously Evols are pricey. Don't know much on the Zero Pro's but they are popping up more and more.

Burns

Reaction score
Yeah I am not too sure on the narrow stance.

I have more than enough leverage to throw my sled around as is. I looked into the EVOLs but they eat up most of the budget. On the fence - may take the plunge on the EVOLs - we'll see.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am not too sure on the narrow stance.

I have more than enough leverage to through my sled around as is. I looked into the EVOLs but they eat up most of the budget. On the fence - may take the plunge on the EVOLs - we'll see.

Personally I hated the narrow stance when I first rode it...but after a few rides I don't see how I could want to ride an XP without it. Its not about having enough leverage, it just takes a lot less effort to lay the sled over. Just some quick counter stearing and you are in full control with no fatigue what so ever. On deep powder days I love going out and doing countless turns with full control.

They also have the standard wide stance set up listed with shocks for the same price.

If you can get the Zero Pros for a decent price I would go for it. The Float 2's are supposed to be quite a bit better than the original Floats. I like a spring shock over an air shock anyhow. If air shocks were that great I think you would see them on more sleds as OE. They have come along way though.

Burns

Reaction score
Yeah - I've ridden an 11 for all of 3minutes - I handed it back to the guy so I didn't have to justify the cost to the boss at home to buy a new one...

I'll check into pricing/availability on that as well. Thanks.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
I have evols for sale, as well as rear float and zero pro. All purchased from holz and all used for 1 season. Looks brand new. If interested I can take some pics and and give you more info.

Top Bottom