Budget power up

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into a single pipe and can set up, I see SLP has one available, wondering if anyone else has ran their setup or has any other budget power up suggestions? Just looking for that little bit more and don't want to blow the bank on boost or a big bore, plus mixing fuel sucks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had any band experiences with a SLP pipe kit on skidoo products. That being said I would expect nothing less from a improvement.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I have never used a slp exhaust, but I have seen a bunch of cracked pipes from slp. IMO your better of with a good clutch kit and a head.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
figure out the clutching and dont waste your money. spend it on suspension over exhaust

I agree with ya totally, I got the suspension dialled in already, raptors all the way around and baker rear arm, works great. As for clutching Have only put the secondary spring in suggested by baker so far to improve belt life, I suppose I could look into a true clutch kit, good call. I still will continue the search for a bit more power though, just another 10hp and these things would out perform a low boost 800.

xmrider

Reaction score
They are claiming 6hp on the Neil's power pipe. Good looking product too!

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with ya totally, I got the suspension dialled in already, raptors all the way around and baker rear arm, works great. As for clutching Have only put the secondary spring in suggested by baker so far to improve belt life, I suppose I could look into a true clutch kit, good call. I still will continue the search for a bit more power though, just another 10hp and these things would out perform a low boost 800.

I personally haven't ran any SLP full pipe combo's but I've have friends who did (Y pipe, pipe & can) and long story short the sled was eventually returned to stock. Just pull the cord and go, save the cash and buy me a beer next time your in Valemount

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally haven't ran any SLP full pipe combo's but I've have friends who did (Y pipe, pipe & can) and long story short the sled was eventually returned to stock. Just pull the cord and go, save the cash and buy me a beer next time your in Valemount

So hard to leave it stock, by far the smarter way to go though. Haha, absolutely, two or three maybe even.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP pipe and can sure do work well on the Polaris. I think they work closely with the Polaris factory and Doo is more of a recent venture. I do like how they can is made to be quiet with long life baffles over packing that does not last. Yes slightly heavier design but stays quiet.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had any band experiences with a SLP pipe kit on skidoo products. That being said I would expect nothing less from a improvement.

I ride with thee sleds all winter, have for 4 ears now. The orange sled in Ole1234 avatar and the Black Sled I mine run full TSS pipe and can, mine being a tunnel dump, both are for sale actually too..lol. But in respect to the slp kits on a couple of the other in the group, I can't say that they don't work that is for sure. All strong runners.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with thee sleds all winter, have for 4 ears now. The orange sled in Ole1234 avatar and the Black Sled I mine run full TSS pipe and can, mine being a tunnel dump, both are for sale actually too..lol. But in respect to the slp kits on a couple of the other in the group, I can't say that they don't work that is for sure. All strong runners.

What happened to Dynoport - their pipes used to work great on doos???

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if them two words can be used together power and budget. We all know she costs to make hp. And Not sold on bolting on 5-88 hp is really worth the cost. These new generation of sleds whoever you ride are pretty good out of he box.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing from dynaport yet, hope they bring something to Market soon, they definitely were the best on the 800

What about getting the timing bumped up a few degrees and narrowing up the squish band on the head? The skidoo stock pipes are fairly decent. Might be something to try while waiting for pipe options.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had the same experience, went back to stock. SLP =Still Looses Power.

Top Bottom