Brute Outtie/Gade Grizz or King Pros Cons??

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new machine and I wanted some feedback from guys who ride hard and have had a chance to compare with their buds.

I have had a Kodiak 400 and two Suzuki 500's but I want a step up to a big bore and independant suspension.

I would like to know what makes you ride and what yu like about them but also what you have noticed about your buds quad that yours doesn't do
I also want to know the diff between a gade and a outtie because no racks and smaller tires ?? I don't get why ppl like them so much.
Basically if you won $15000 tomorrow which one would you buy and why.

Sorry Popos need not apply I have towed out too many to ever live that down.:d

Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My chioce is between the Grizzly 700 and the Brute Force 750 I.Brute Force has the sound,Grizz has the Power Steering.Both are all around good quads with Independant suspension and EFI!
My Two Cents!
catmando!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 08 Brute 750 about a month and a half ago and love it. Tons of power for mud or racing, good clearance factory(not as good as some but still better than my old honda) I put 28" zillas on it spins them with ease and still has tons of room if I wanted to go bigger.
Have ridden with all types of machines and everyone one likes the quad they ride for certain reasons. Yamaha has the best belt system. Can-am has the fastest machine on the market but will only beat the Brute at top end speed. Suzuki has been in the market for years and always seems to make a good strong product. I hear the new 750 have way better low end power which is what the older 700's were lacking. For 09 Artic Cat is talking about having a MupPro machine, if your into mudding it is already factory snorkeled and has 27" outlaw mst tires and lower gearing for better tourque. If you have the money and want the power, a can-am is the way to go. People say there are all sorts of problems with them but the guys that own them love them so they can't be that bad IMO.
Good luck with your choice.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the power steering on my grizz,it dont rip out of your hand when you hit that thing in the grass you didnt see.and i get better gas mileage than the wifes kodiak 450 and it had dual master cylinders for the disc brakes not a oil bath brake system..not the fastest atv but who goes a hundred down a trail...96 is fast enough hahaha:cool:

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with 4byRookies' comments above. I think that most of the machines are fairly decent and it will depend on your personal preferences. I have 2700kms on my '07 Brute Force 750, most of which are fairly hard miles and it has not missed a beat yet. I drive it very hard, have a few accessories on it and I would recommend it to anyone.

shauncsmith

Reaction score
i agree with 4byrookie, mostly just personnel preference. I have always owned yamahas, and just recently bought a 09 gade. Decided to try something different, and see what all the hype about the canams is all about...

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top speed isn't important to me and I am not looking for a 1000lb AC. I am familiar with Suzuki and Yamaha belt drives but what do Kawi and Can am use?
Die hard reliability is right up there with performance as a necessity for my machine. And water is on every ride!

Do you need a clutch kit if you only go to 27" tires and just incase I am wrong nobody makes an 7-800 with a manual tranny do they?

Are there any glaring flaws on any of these machines that caused any body to kick themselves for not making a diff choice or that made anybody trade in on diff brand?

Thanks for the opinions and info!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Top speed isn't important to me and I am not looking for a 1000lb AC. I am familiar with Suzuki and Yamaha belt drives but what do Kawi and Can am use?
Die hard reliability is right up there with performance as a necessity for my machine. And water is on every ride!

Do you need a clutch kit if you only go to 27" tires and just incase I am wrong nobody makes an 7-800 with a manual tranny do they?

Are there any glaring flaws on any of these machines that caused any body to kick themselves for not making a diff choice or that made anybody trade in on diff brand?

Thanks for the opinions and info!

I have no complaints on my Outlander 800. They have an outstanding, hassle free 3 year warranty and are very strong runners. The Can-Am uses basicaly the same belt drive system as the rest of them and I have never had any problems with them. I am on my second Outty 800 and have put over 5000 kms on them. I ride very aggressive and they hold up. I lost my first Outty due to a fire and didn't hesitate at all in replacing it with the same machine. If you go to a 27" tire all you have to do to the clutch on the can-am is replace the primary and secondary springs so your clutch engages 300-400 rpm higher. Its a real easy job and about $65. You should also invest in a full skid plate for them as they have been known to have volnerable frames on the under side. Water has not been an issue for me unless its upside down or floating down a river with no rider.:eek:. I do have it snorkled up under my guage package though ($22 for snorkle material 3 beers to install). IMO they ALL have good qualities and poor just make sure you pick one that matches your ability and riding style.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so what is the diff between the outtie and the gade.

Smaller plastic and tires but no increase in susupesion and no rack??

I don't understand why you wouldn't want a rack and most guys put bigger tires on them any way so basically the gade just looks cooler ???

What is with the price difference. The Zuk and Kawi are way cheaper but I don't get why?

I think it is down to a grizz or an outtie but first I need to ride a kawi as it is the only one I have not ridden yet.

Thanks sumx54 for the info I had herad alot of stories about warped clutch covers on the gade and wet belts but it looks like they got it fixed.

Also if you were to go stateside to purchase would that stop you from buying a BRP? Heard some real horror stories about warranty on a US machine.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Renegade is the best machine Ive had yet. Its alot sportier than the outlander, no racks, Lighter as well. It comes with a way sportier suspension as well, totally different shock system. 9" travel, Separate front and rear brakes, 607 lbs vrs 663. I heard the gearing is different but I cant confirm that but Ive been side by side several outlanders and whipped them from the stand still and from about 60km hr. The only thing Im not crazy about is how muddy you get on this, I have the flares and still get covered. I don't think Ive had a ride that Im clean after. Otherwise you can get a back rack for this as well. Its not a hunting machine though, its made for extreme quadders that want a 4x4 sport type quad, this thing is an adrelene[SIZE=-1][/SIZE] rush.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that it is sportier and lighter and as long as I can still carry some gear. I only ride for entertainment now but I am looking at acreages and may need more utility in the future.

I think I should pick up a Grizz this year and make it her machine next year so I can get a gade and she can carry all the gear.

With one of each I should have it covered but it is sure gonna cut into the trailer $$$

Thanks again guys I appreciate the info.:beer::beer:

hogwild

Reaction score
bf 750 all the way , 4grand cheaper than can am, spend 1000 on it and can am will be sucking hind tit, griz aint even in the ball park if you ride hard and want a sporty feeling quad,600 lbs and a v twin oh ya

Top Bottom