brute force 750 4x4 problems

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have an 06 brute force 750, it is having an issue with the 4x4 that i am having trouble figuring out. the light in the gauges for 2 or 4 flashes back and fourth between the two, wont change into 4. was told it is most likely the relay so changed that and no differance. thought it has to be the actuator on the diff itself but unsure of how to test it and would like to before i buy one as they are 360 bucks. also the speedo is going all goofy, start speeding up when the bike is just sitting there in N , dunno if its related or not. if anyone knows how to test the actuator or has any ideas let me know. thanks

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just need a 12 volt source to see if it workz and sometimes they just need a good cleaning being a 06

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does your engine brake make noise when ya turn the key on and off?

mine was like that and the wires rotted off under the fuses [ right at the fuse conector ]..... so now i drilled a hole bunch more drain holes and wash the trays out after every ride [ it was full of wet mud ] ... and i used wheel bearing grease in every place i could to keep the rotten ends down to nothing.... i went to do the 4x4 acutaor test and had no 12volts there..

Mikehunt

Reaction score
There is a splice pack on the rear that causes alot of electrical problems also

Top Bottom