Brutal trail ride out of owlhead, sicamous

Reaction score
I'm a Staying at Mara lake and we rode owls head on Monday, snow was good but trail out was insane brutal, hands down the roughest ride out I've ever had from a mountain. I'm planning to ride out to blue river from owls head tomorrow but I'm worried the trail may be a bad or worse,any thoughts?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Staying at Mara lake and we rode owls head on Monday, snow was good but trail out was insane brutal, hands down the roughest ride out I've ever had from a mountain. I'm planning to ride out to blue river from owls head tomorrow but I'm worried the trail may be a bad or worse,any thoughts?
check out sledsicamous.com for latest grooming update

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, what's your thoughts of blue river vs Owlhead for riding with your lady? Owlhead was good but we don't know the area and visibility was poor so it was hard to explore. Just curious if it worth the extra trail to go to blur river?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should be no problem following the connector trail and I believe it is groomed right to the blue lake cabin, nice practice hill that is visible from the cabin

Reaction score
Great thanks for the reply, have a good New Years, I snagged all the sweet fireworks from the Mara food liner tonight so should be a gooder!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail should be better as it's got cold now and groom can set up

Also did u notice how many are riding owlshead ?? I've never seen so many, make trail get bad faster

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode up there on Saturday and it was much smoother on the blue lake trail than the owlshead trail. Like Tex said it's been too warm and the trail hasn't been setting up well after grooming.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's Xmas, New Years break there is hundreds of sleds daily everywhere Which equals crappy trails

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Mike at Banner Rec today, he did Owl's yesterday? and said there were 275 sleds that went up the hill. Sherm

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with summitdoorule, after that many sleds on one trail I'm not sure what is expected, next thing someone will complain that it was all tracked out around the cabins and no fresh snow! Sherm

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I pay $20 for a meal at a restaurant and its ****ty I get a discount or refund... Should be the same on the trails.

$20 for a meal? Where you eating that you can get a good enough meal for $20 and if its ****ty to expect a discount?

Taking the ladies out to McDonalds? Two can dine for $19.99?

Top Bottom