Brule lake sand dunes, hinton ?!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been out to hinton yet? Is there still a bunch of snow on the bush trails and cutlines ?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of members out there this weekend. Know more tomorrow night

ckmoose

Reaction score
There was a group of 5 of us out there today. There was no snow on the trails we were on and no snow on the dunes. By the looks of it, i doubt you will find any snow.

The dunes were wet from rain yesterday and they had a ton of traction, but it was hot and the normal Brule breeze and the sand was drying up quick. The trail back to the trucks was super dusty. I've seen worse dust though.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I live here, and there is still plenty of snow out in some of the bush trails. Stick to the dunes and the lower valleys and you will be fine. I went out with my RZR last weekend and got stuck in about 2 feet of snow a few times before giving up. Were getting some rain now and that helps melt the stuff, but it doesnt clean up the downfall.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I live here, and there is still plenty of snow out in some of the bush trails. Stick to the dunes and the lower valleys and you will be fine. I went out with my RZR last weekend and got stuck in about 2 feet of snow a few times before giving up. Were getting some rain now and that helps melt the stuff, but it doesnt clean up the downfall.

Headed there tomorrow. Some locals plan to show us some of their favorite spots (not the dunes). Hopefully the quads will have better luck in that snow than your sxs, 'cuase I'd hate to go up just to have these dudes point out all the places we can't go!

magnet99

Reaction score

Looking to make a weekend trip out to Brule Area since being from Edmonton and brother inlaw is out of Grande Prairie figure be a nice half way point for us. Machines aren't really setup for dunes, looking for more trail and mud with some nice scenery.
Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated!!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of mud out there, still some snow in the higher elevations but melting now. The bottoms are finally loosening up in the holes making then more challenging.

Just a heads up, I rode through some of the dunes staging areas after the long weekend and the garbage was disgusting. PLEASE DONT COME OUT HERE AND SH.T in my back yard. The greenies are dying to shut down more of the premium riding areas around here. Police yourselves and your buddies and we can all enjoy the back country for time to come. It is only a matter of time before the close access to the dunes with all the abuse out there.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed there tomorrow. Some locals plan to show us some of their favorite spots (not the dunes). Hopefully the quads will have better luck in that snow than your sxs, 'cuase I'd hate to go up just to have these dudes point out all the places we can't go!

I'm sure you had an awesome ride. FYI, my SXS breaks trail for alot of quads. Other than the 1000 renegades, i dont have trouble going where they go.

Top Bottom