brule lake help please

aaront2

Reaction score
hey everyone. i have a question about getting into the dunes. the last time i was there was a few years ago and we always went in and stayed past the overlander but last year on my way to jasper i saw that they blocked that road. we are planning on going the weekend of july 26-27 and looking for directions on the best place to go in that is relatively close to the dunes and a good place to camp. thanks

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from Hinton, turn right at the first road past the weight scales.

Follow the road about 4 kms turn left. Follow road another km or so and set up camp. Warning: The last couple kms is rough.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
there are random areas all over the place. just dont set up right on the road and you should be fine. fyi, if you do set up on the road you will get dusty form the riders blazing past.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a campground around there and if not can you have a campfire if you are random camping?

aaront2

Reaction score
i know when we used to go all the time they never had a problem with fires as long as you made a pit and there were no fire bans.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet!! It's just not camping without fire! If I got plates and insurance for our bikes by then I may see you out there.

thanks

aaront2

Reaction score
hey garry are there any signs out there or is it a can't miss type thing. sorry i just like knowing where i am going before i head out since it is a long drive to get there.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
there is an actual camp ground there. i belive it is called horseshoe lake? but from what i ahve seen you cant quad out. there are some firepits around but make your own and as long as no firebans you should be good.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Name of the lake and campground escapes me right now, but it is a provincial campground so you cannot ride your atv out of there. Random camp, keep fires in pits (make one from rock if you have to), and don't leave your fire unattended.

Campground is to the left so stay right. The beaten path will lead you to the dunes. Once your down the road 4 kms all trails to the left lead to the dunes.

The advise not to camp right on the road is good advise, especially if it is dry and dusty.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure that you have insurance and register on your stuff or will get ticketed

Top Bottom