Bruderhim closed - May 18,2010 +

hnmtruax

Reaction score
We got back from Bruderhiem last night(tues 05/18). Had a visit from the RCMP and were informed the area is closed because they are digging up hot spots, do not ignore road closed signs as they are patroling the area and will be ticketing.
It was the first time we rode there, nice trails but couldent believe the amount of garbage every where we went, no wonder so many people want to kick us out of riding areas. If we dont start being more responsable we're going tp lose them all.

Buster

Reaction score
I heard on the news that the big Opal fire north of Edmonton could have been started by ATV's. I agree with you kiss it all good bye:(

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
they'll make any excuse, probably just lightning

The problem is we haven't had any lightning lately when the fire started. It could be anything from a cigarette being tossed to a spark from a muffler to skeg untop of a muffler that fell off that was smoldering. So please keep an eye out for this on your atv's or a buddy's, and please don't throw your butts on the ground either. The sports from quadding to snowmobiling are being watched very carefully lately.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fire in opal started where it was burning two years ago maybe from an under ground fire. i can see why they want to put out any under ground fires there.and the fire in opal that burned two years ago was not started by quads it was started by a land owner burning off dead grass or somthing like that.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know any more about this? Want to head out there monday with a buddy since he only has a couple free hours. Anywhere else close? Close as in within an hour at most

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RedWater is right close. just across the river?

Great riding there, and some good staging areas. I dont remember the specific directions, but im sure someone on here will.

It's like a 10 minute drive from burderheim. and I personally like the riding there alot more. just have to get creative when looking for the right trails.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sad part is that i work at provident right by redwater and i have no clue where people are riding out there lol. Anyone give me a rough idea?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
staight east of redwater 4 miles u will hit a stop sign go thru on the gravel 3 miles staging on ur right or turn right and another staging area about a mile on ur left

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya ive been riding bruderhiem for a while but redwater never before. Thanks for the info. Ill have to head out and give it a try on monday

Top Bottom