brp rebuilt eng 2003 800 ho

highstage

Reaction score
hey any one have ever bought one of these engines from brp are they any good or is it worth the 3200 bucks they shaft you the warrenty is no good if you do it yourself so you have to let a dealer install it and what is the exact hp rating for these engines

any input would be fine

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those motors are awesome. 151hp. you need to do alot of swapping parts from the old one. but the motor is only 2000 not 3200. i get 90 day warrranty when i install them and 90 when brp installs them. you really need to check with your dealer they all say differant things but really need to follow the same guidlines. make them look it up

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think it is 3200 with install ... that is what i payed for my 800r when i had them do mine and they gave me 1 year warrenty

x-mark

Reaction score
not 100 percent sure but i just got my motor rebuilt crank and all........and dont quote me but i heard that the stock crank in them are shat . thats what went wrong on mine all of the greese or somthin in the bearing flew out... the new crank that i had put in is said that the grease in the bearings are (better)??? im not to sure on it all but that is what he said. my motor has had three cranks now and this third is said to be new and improved..... has not given me any problems.....cheers ....:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not 100 percent sure but i just got my motor rebuilt crank and all........and dont quote me but i heard that the stock crank in them are shat . thats what went wrong on mine all of the greese or somthin in the bearing flew out... the new crank that i had put in is said that the grease in the bearings are (better)??? im not to sure on it all but that is what he said. my motor has had three cranks now and this third is said to be new and improved..... has not given me any problems.....cheers ....:beer:

you should be checking for any grease or oily residue on the end of the crankshaft and back side of clutch, if you find any your crank seal is going and you need new seal and grease. can be done with motor in sled. 3 cranks sounds like you don't do any maintenance on your sleds. maybe find out or you'll have to keep paying.

Top Bottom