Brp listens and steps up

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The following is correspondance I have had with BRP over the last week or so.
(The important part is in red at the end). Sometimes it pays to raise a fuss...:d:d:d

Objet : club donations

Mr. Dubois,

Reading your press release, it would appear that Alberta and B.C have been left out on the cold on this one. What is the reasoning behind this? There are several clubs in Alberta, and I’m sure in B.C. that are struggling to raise money to maintain their trail systems or at least as importantly, keep areas open for recreational use.

Looking forward to your reply,

Mitch Sharp

Mr. Sharp,

At the genesis of the project, it was determined that Alberta and BC would not be part of the Club Support Program (CSP). The reason is that the clubs and their trail networks are simply not like the rest of the country. BC and AB club trails general exist in isolation from one another - the trails in the rest of the country are interlinked; networked all across the provinces, linking all clubs.

Having said that, due to the fact these provinces were excluded at the outset, we built a $100K media plan to compensate this region and stimulate the sport of snowmobiling, nonetheless.

Furthermore, we are open to the following - should a club wish to raise funds for its operations; AB and BC clubs that are seeking funding must accumulate coupons and bring them to their dealers before Nov 15. Dealers will have to contact me and send me the coupons. If the dealer is already known by the club or its members, simply let me know I will send them a POP kit and get the dealer knowledgeable about the program. I will make sure the club gets their raised cash.

Do not hesitate to call me should you require further assistance.

Carl,
You need to check your information. The Alberta trail system is at least as interconnected as Saskatchewan. I live in Whitecourt which is on the Transcanada Trail AND part of the Golden triangle that connects Whitecourt, Fox Creek and Swan Hills. We can also ride to Edson and Valleyview from here. Granted, the southern parts of the province are isolated but these days there is rarely enough snow down there to support trails. It’s funny that the Polaris WOW riders managed to ride through most of our province a couple of times now, for the most part trailering only because of poor snow conditions. If there are gaps in our trail system, leaving us out of programs like this certainly isn’t doing anything to improve the situation. Our ‘lack of interconnecting trail systems’ doesn’t seem to bother the company when we go to the dealerships looking for machines to buy…
Is there any chance of changing the form on the web site so that we can actually print of the coupons?
Ecko Marine in Alberta Beach and Skyline Performance in Edson as well as Gibbons motorsports in Gibbons are 3 dealers that I know of that our club members deal with.
Thanks for your time,
Mitch Sharp

Sent: September 6, 2008 12:22 PM
To: Mitchell Sharp
Subject: RE: club donations

Mitch – I'm please to announce to you due to the tremendous applause the program has received in the east, we have decided to expand it to the west.

You will see the web site and dealers receive the program information by Oct 1st.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

Carl F. Mercure
Marketing R.O.I.
BRP Show & Events N.A. 819-566-3596
"Passion and Innovation that moves the Powersports World"

Last edited by a moderator:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I've called Mitch every....UNKIND word in the book......all of them very deserving.
But I have always stated He is the Book Smart one on this site.......Thanks from all sledders Mitch you handled this with class and professionalism.
Now fix my spelling mistakes:d

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mitch buddy - AWESOME JOB MAN! ................ now can you come and convince my wife that I need a new sled this year?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Mitch for bringing this forward. I also e-mailed the guy. wish our Government would grease the wheel as fast as BRP does. Maybe then our trails would be linked better

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I've called Mitch every....UNKIND word in the book......all of them very deserving.
But I have always stated He is the Book Smart one on this site.......Thanks from all sledders Mitch you handled this with class and professionalism.
Now fix my spelling mistakes:d
If you teach me how to ride(not off cliffs though, I'll leave that for the advance class).:d:d:d

Stevo

Reaction score
So, under pressure from customers, BRP changes it's mind on a plan that was ill-conceived in the first place.

Nice that they changed, but it doesn't make them rate any higher in my book.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I would have to disagree...it shows that they are listening to the public....not all companies do.

So, under pressure from customers, BRP changes it's mind on a plan that was ill-conceived in the first place.

Nice that they changed, but it doesn't make them rate any higher in my book.

Stevo

Reaction score
I would have to disagree...it shows that they are listening to the public....not all companies do.

I do agree, it is nice that they changed. It would have been better had they given the program the consideration it deserved in the first place.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Bunch of number crunchers looking at trail milage would delete Western Canada right away...it was great that they changed their mind. Wish they would consider Western Canada as part of the Market though.

I do agree, it is nice that they changed. It would have been better had they given the program the consideration it deserved in the first place.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The important thing now is for everyone that's a club member to get a coupon , fill it out and take it to a dealer so that your club can get the cash......according to the email it'll start here 01 Oct.
MAKE THEM PAY!!!:d:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mitch buddy - AWESOME JOB MAN! ................ now can you come and convince my wife that I need a new sled this year?
I talked to both of your wives, they said go ahead and buy new sleds, they understand...:d:d

Top Bottom