BRP - LinQ Ski/Snowboard Rack

Fahrns

Reaction score
Is anybody trying out the new ski/snowboard rack from BRP this year? The one that fits the LinQ system.
I would but $379 a side is ridiculous. I'd get two sets if they were closer to $100-150 a side. Neat idea though. Can still fit the gas can and bag on top.

LINQ SYSTEM - Ski-Doo »
e1c54e01ad9be9319a1177fd0409ac9f.jpg

Last edited:

Fahrns

Reaction score
I agree about the price, but the CFR rack is not cheap either. D-rack + dual ski rack is $350 ($200 + $150). Plus I already have the LinQ gas can and bag so I don't really need the CFR rack.

The other option I was thinking about was to modify a CFR rack to fit on the LinQ system. Will have to contact CFR to get their dimensions to see if they have one that will fit between the LinQ mounts. BRP sells extra linQ connectors so you can create custom stuff to mount onto the brackets.

Awedor

Reaction score
Pretty bummed CFR hasn't come up with a linq setup yet...older forums had them talking about it 2+ yrs ago. A real shame having to drill holes into the tunnel

Awedor

Reaction score
I'd be interested in hearing how the doo linq setup works this season. If everybody in a group had 1pair, you could just swap em' over when you needed a second set

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CFR has quick release links this year

I've got them on my sled .. easy off, easy on !

The CFR rack is too wide to fit in with LINQ attachments .. a buddy locally had some brackets made, but that raised the CFR up to accomodate the width .. lots of fab work, looks and works great..

with a CFR rack you can attach whatever the hell you want to your rack .. put in a bag and carry more stuff, stack a 20L jerry can on, attach ski boots, tent, camping gear, chainsaw... whatever

A lot more utility out of a CFR rack .. at $380 for a skidoo ski mount you would be way better off with a CFR rack and a ski attachment

Awedor

Reaction score
I don't disagree. The $$ spent on an irack, two ski attachments, connect system and qp bag says I'm a fan of CFR, I just wish I didn't have to drill 8 holes to rivet the connectors on

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I don't disagree. The $$ spent on an irack, two ski attachments, connect system and qp bag says I'm a fan of CFR, I just wish I didn't have to drill 8 holes to rivet the connectors on

you don't if you go link system, it has and can be done easily...the connectors work well to though,

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the brp price is a joke, I do like that it is easy to take off. I made my own about four years ago that quick to take off, holds two pairs of skis or four snowboards on the sled an easy to rip off for the sledding days. Costed me maybe $100 if I had to buy everything, most stuff I had just laying around.

Barrops

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any new aftermarket board holders that integrate with the LinQ system? As stated in previous comments the BRP holder is outrageously priced!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new updates in the ski/board rack world? Looking for a new rack....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Any new updates in the ski/board rack world? Looking for a new rack....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The linq Ski-Snow board rack works awesome but there is no doubt it is spendy compared to CFR Racks. CFR has a new rack that fits right into the linq system as well that comes off super quick and does not move once it falls into the four linq placements, very nice! CFR about 600.00 for rack and 2 snowboard or ski attachments, BRP ski/snowboard linq racks are about 800 with both sides and heavy duty bumper

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The linq Ski-Snow board rack works awesome but there is no doubt it is spendy compared to CFR Racks. CFR has a new rack that fits right into the linq system as well that comes off super quick and does not move once it falls into the four linq placements, very nice! CFR about 600.00 for rack and 2 snowboard or ski attachments, BRP ski/snowboard linq racks are about 800 with both sides and heavy duty bumper
Ouch, pricy units.

I was looking at these tunnels racks that use the LINQ mounts, reasonably priced.

Wish they had ski/board mounts.

I would order one tonight.

Canada Sled Parts

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not LinQ, but my favourite for snowboard racks

AND comes with a sick cup (beer can) holder

Knight Rider Racks Golden BC
Yeah the problem with the nightrider rack is I would have to drill a bunch of holes in my machine and I don't ski/board every trip so it is nice to be able to remove the rack.

But the cup holder is genius.

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
i had the same predicament as most regarding a snowboard rack. i dont board but my girlfriend does. i went back and forth and ended up going with the cfr linq rack. i liked that she could run it on her sled, i could use it on my sled running her up the hill. etc plus we can remove it and strap the doo tunnel bag back on when we are riding.

wakeandsnow

Reaction score
I put the cheetah link-it-up rack on my xm a couple of weeks ago. I'm really impressed with the fit and finish of the system, it's super stout and looks like it will haul 2 pairs of skis really easily. I have a board/ski buckles bolted to it right now and I will probably add another on the other side later on. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I will report back as I do.

It was a bit spendy when all said and done, but either way you're going to spend $300-$350 + to carry your skis/board properly. I do a lot of overnighters and being able to tie stuff down with ratchet straps to the rack is a huge plus.

Top Bottom