BRP kill switch cover

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How many times have the trees smacked the emergency kill switch and shut off your machine? Or you have hit a bump and accidentally hit the kill switch and shut it off?

I have seen lots of strategies for a fix and finally got around to dooing something. Thin gauge aluminum with a longer screw and a washer for backing as the original screw is recessed. A little black spray paint and voila......

PS this will also work on the Poo's......AC has a recessed one and it seems to work a little better but still not perfect.

IMG_0873.jpg IMG_0878.jpg IMG_0880.jpg IMG_0881.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just roll mine underneath or use an elastic but good work lol. So now you can't use the killswitch tho?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

ONETON

Reaction score
x2. looks dangerous. cant use it now. just flip it 180, works great like that........

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rubber band-aid fix works great ..... you need too hold it down to shut off and then it pops right back up as soon as you let go

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the same.....back in the 90's when you could not roll the switch under the bars....I used the 0-Ring trick.....or disconnect the bar kill switch and wear a tether! not to sure but can you still use that kill switch? if not just delete it!

I just roll mine underneath or use an elastic but good work lol. So now you can't use the killswitch tho?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a take it that the piece of metal is flexible enough that just pushing down on it shuts the switch off very nice fix

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reverse the wires so that you have to lift the kill switch to shut it off, problem solved.
lol....great idea, but that's not how a switch works. you can't change it from "contact to kill", to "break contact to kill". you would have to mod the switch, not the wires. correct me if I am wrong....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....great idea, but that's not how a switch works. you can't change it from "contact to kill", to "break contact to kill". you would have to mod the switch, not the wires. correct me if I am wrong....
Yup yup, its the state of the switch that you'd need to change, not the wiring.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I've tried all positions to no avail. Somehow, the trees would still get it! maybe that's where the tree magnet is hidden.....
The metal is flexible enough to work the switch but not flexible enough for a branch to doo it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
rubber band-aid fix works great ..... you need too hold it down to shut off and then it pops right back up as soon as you let go

and I have used that also but eventually and in my situation it was a couple of times a year for replacement. I think this is more permanent. But we'll see.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Reverse the wires so that you have to lift the kill switch to shut it off, problem solved.

It has to be changed inside or underneath the red button. When I initially repaired one with JB weld it wasn't nice in there with the little springs, etc. I don't think you could change anything as the part is very small. But the suggestion sounded good.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has to be changed inside or underneath the red button. When I initially repaired one with JB weld it wasn't nice in there with the little springs, etc. I don't think you could change anything as the part is very small. But the suggestion sounded good.

In my mind it worked well, but then some of my ideas turn out different than envisioned if you know what I mean.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my mind it worked well, but then some of my ideas turn out different than envisioned if you know what I mean.
I know of which you speak. I work on volume myself, come up with enough ideas and eventually one of them will be good.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I know of which you speak. I work on volume myself, come up with enough ideas and eventually one of them will be good.

3 peas in a pod, eh! The way I work many days......

Top Bottom