broken y-pipe bolt

whiskydick

Reaction score
i noticed oil leaking out of my y-pipe. all but one bolt had rattled loose. i went to install new bolts and gasket and noticed there is actually a bolt sheared off inside the head. is that a warranty issue and if not how should i get it out??

finndoo

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 08, but I had three that were broken. The two in the middle were possible to get at with a drill and an "easy out", but the lower clutch side was impossible to get at straight. Warranty would not cover so I wound up pulling the whole motor out to get at them. I found out later that it is possible to pull the head and cylinder out without a full on disassembly of the sled, much easier that way. I put mine back together with Nordlock washers and have not had any more problems with them backing out in 1500 miles. Good luck:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i noticed oil leaking out of my y-pipe. all but one bolt had rattled loose. i went to install new bolts and gasket and noticed there is actually a bolt sheared off inside the head. is that a warranty issue and if not how should i get it out??

IS YOUR SLED UNDER WARRANTY?? IF SO, IT SHOULD BE COVERED..... YOU SHOULD CALL THEM!!! SAVE YOURSELF THE PAIN AND GRIEF......:d

tpollon2

Reaction score

Weld a small bolt on. Use some heat as well before backing it out. Reinstall with Nordlock washers. No more backing out issues:rolleyes:!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't use lock tight on the bolts, they have been know,en to not come out. A harden lock washer is all that is needed. Put a very small dab of Nickle slip on the theads as well to prevent steel to alumminum corrotion. Caution. Do not use copper slip as copper will destroy alumminum. Replace the gasket, And use new bolts, because old bolts will back out. If you do this. The bolts will never beck out, Unless you take them out. PS. Do not crush the hardend washer. Do not put a flat washer in. Bolt/Lock washer/Y-pipe/ And a small dab of Nickle slip on the threads. Very little. Lem Lemb

Top Bottom