Broken CV

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke my first CV today, the rear inner CV, anyone know where I can get a good cheap replacement? I've found a cv on ebay for 70 + shipping and a whole rhino axle for 199 + shipping. A gorilla would be nice but not for 400.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke my first CV today, the rear inner CV, anyone know where I can get a good cheap replacement? I've found a cv on ebay for 70 + shipping and a whole rhino axle for 199 + shipping. A gorilla would be nice but not for 400.

Hmm do you think it was because of the bigger tires? Maybe HD axles are in order. More money yes but less down time.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm do you think it was because of the bigger tires? Maybe HD axles are in order. More money yes but less down time.

I was thinking that, I was towing another rzr out of a snow drift at the time, the cv had been clicking for the past year though so I think it was just neer the end of its life, at least I hope so. :eek:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that, I was towing another rzr out of a snow drift at the time, the cv had been clicking for the past year though so I think it was just neer the end of its life, at least I hope so. :eek:

Yup agreed. If it had been clicking for a while it was probably toast.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup agreed. If it had been clicking for a while it was probably toast.

I have run 30 zilla`s no problem with the tires. However with the lift,springs,etc. it does force you to run your axles at way more of an angle on a reg rzr to clear the front tires. So indirectly the bigger tires do cause some premature axle wear.

That is the main advantage with the S, with a lift ,the axles hardly have any angle at all. With the longer axle it is much easier to gain ground clearence while keeping the axle angle more moderate.

On a side note ,keep an eye on your hubs and wheel bearings ,as the extra offset really is hard on the front end,hubs,bearings,balljoints,tierods etc.....

As far as clutching is concerned,you will feel a little sluggish but not much. The rzr will spin them all day in mud,no problem,just use low in the tough stuff...Remember the 30 zilla`s are lighter than your old xtr`s or stock big horns!

Top Bottom