Broken clutch weight bolts

Reaction score
So I broke a clutch weight bolt and it chipped the clutch so i got a new one new weights and spring too, then 200 miles later i broke another weight bolt i got lucky and heard it come flying out had a spare with me and put it in. Anyone ever hear of this happening bolts are in right and set screw is in the right spot. I dont want to end up getting another new clutch cause of this. sled is 2008 m1000

Last edited:

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I broke a clutch weight bolt and it chipped the clutch so i got a new one new weights and spring too, then 200 miles later i broke another weight bolt i got lucky and heard it come flying out had a spare with me and put it in. Anyone ever hear of this happening bolts are in right and set screw is in the right spot. I dont want to end up getting another new clutch cause of this. sled is 2008 m1000

I have seen this once before but it was on a comet clutch. One bolt broke and the weight went through the belly pan new clutch also. This is strange you would break 2. Did you use new nuts and are the o rings in good shape?

Apextenn

Reaction score
Was out at blue and this happed to a M8 the weight went right though the clutch cover and good luckily went the right direction. Weird still cause it broke the bolt in half not sure why couldn't find weight and had to double back. My M8 secondary blew apart today broke the helix only made it 3 k after started to shake. Gotta love these arctic cat clutches put 4000 k on my turbo nytro never even touched the clutches and only blew one belt.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom