Broke a stud on my carbides

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was installing new carbides on my sled and overtightened the rear stud (one behind the spindle) bolt enough that it broke the stud off.

Not really sure how I managed it I suppose I was focused on something else and just kept tightening lol. Anywho, the front two are on good, do you guys forsee me having big issues with this? Should I try and jb the stud back on or just get new carbides for that side?

sled a pro rmk, skis are grippers

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably could run it, but if the carbide catches and bend's could get ugly. I'd just get a new one

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was installing new carbides on my sled and overtightened the rear stud (one behind the spindle) bolt enough that it broke the stud off.

Not really sure how I managed it I suppose I was focused on something else and just kept tightening lol. Anywho, the front two are on good, do you guys forsee me having big issues with this? Should I try and jb the stud back on or just get new carbides for that side?

sled a pro rmk, skis are grippers

If it was the middle bolt I would chance it but not the back. There must be a welding shop that could tack it back on for less than another new one? Or a buddy with a welder?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd run it if I was ready to go on a trip but not longer than than that. All it takes is a bit of a tweak and next thing your sled is hung up trying to unload or has fawked your ramp slides. It's PG you must have a buddy you can get to weld it while you share an 8 sack of Lucky.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd run it if I was ready to go on a trip but not longer than than that. All it takes is a bit of a tweak and next thing your sled is hung up trying to unload or has fawked your ramp slides. It's PG you must have a buddy you can get to weld it while you share an 8 sack of Lucky.

Good call brad, I’m def going this route haha

Top Bottom