Broke a rim into pieces on rzr xp

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke the rear stock polaris rim going through a mud hole this weekend. Little strange how it happen but it screwed my tire to cause a shard of metal from the rim came right through the tire. Are these stock rims just junk or what? Time for new rims and tires i guess.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy had the same happen to one on his rxr xp, never seen anything like that before.

rzrrim.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more reason they made it so light!! Cheap parts. Good thing that didn't happen on a full throttle run hitting a rock or something.
my buddy Trent has no idea how his rim broke out like that, it wasn't distorted or marked anywhere else. he owns a tire shop and sells atv wheels and said he hasn't seen anything like it either. he bought a new stock rear rim, and a spare front rim and tire to carry with him. we did 3 hard days in grande cache last weekend over plenty of rocks and no broken wheels.

MHC73

Reaction score
Holy.... I know some Can Am's had issues with the X bead locks... first I've seen or heard on a XP. Good thing you weren't hauling when it let go... I wonder if you'll get it warrantied? See if Polaris will stand behind their product... even if your 6 month is up...

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what my rim looks like. Good thing my tire didnt fall off the bead so I was able to limp it out of the bush. Im waiting for my fragonfire racing bumpers with the spare tire carrier so I can carry a spare. Think I'll just use one of the stock tires and rims for a spare. Who around the edmonton area carries swamp lites and decent rims, or will this be an order in thing?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy.... I know some Can Am's had issues with the X bead locks... first I've seen or heard on a XP. Good thing you weren't hauling when it let go... I wonder if you'll get it warrantied? See if Polaris will stand behind their product... even if your 6 month is up...

Come on guys it didnt just let go..... Some times it happens if a rock gets between the rim and the brake caliper and you dont feel it jam if the utv has enough power to force it through the rim thats what happens. Seen it before and im sure we will see it again. Shi$ happens wrong place wrong time freek deal buy a new wheel and keep riding.

Top Bottom