Bringing Trike in From US?

ajay

Reaction score
:confused:Wife really wants to bring a used Lehman trike in from the US but keeps hitting roadblocks with the border rules and regs. Has anyone brought one across or even taken there bike down to do the conversion. Yeh I know I can get one in Canada but for 30-40% higher cost.
Ajay.:beer:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
The only obstacle should be whether it meets Canadian DOT standards for heights of the rear end etc. Best bet would be to call and speak with someone at RIV as they can answer that for you and check to see if it's on the list of approved vehicles coming into Canada.

Once they give you a definitive answer, it's simply a matter of importing which I found very easy using a Customs Broker like A&A Custom Brokers. Here is the website link for RIV.

Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Welcome to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles

ajay

Reaction score
Thanks..Yes have been in contact, there is a list of allowed imports, BUT only includes Lehman conversions 2009 and newer, HD Lehman conversions 2009 and newer and Boss Hoss 2009 and newer. They said it would have to meet Canadian DOT standards and MUST have the sticker to prove it. Thing is they are coming across the border. Talked to a friend in Ontario that said there were far too many trikes around his area that could have been made in Canada. On the other hand another friend told me about having to leave a trike already paid for in the US because never had the sticker and was not on the list. So just checking..
Ajay

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure in Alberta but in Ontario it can be a real pain in the but bringing one in from the states.Lots of people here give up on the idea.
Where was the trike put together down there.Was it at lehman's or privatly done.I know this makes a real difference.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
harley dont use lehman conversions any more they have there own factory the only thing with lehman if u get into a minor fender bender leham is all one piece as the new harley trike has all seperate pieces so u can buy the part u need i looked at the harley trike last year in great falls montana they were asking $30000 thats a good deal so if i were u i would get a new harley trike to get one across the border u get the salesmen to buy it register it in his name then it can be sold to u ask a used bike with 20km on it the dealer in great falls are a bunch of great guys they will do all the paperwork for u and fax the papers to the border crossing just a thought for u happy shopping :d

Top Bottom