Bringing a new trailer into canada from the usa???

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at doing this I was told it is pretty easy has anyone had any issues? I was told you just show up with your paper work and pay GST and the RIV ( some paperwork to fill out for this at the crossing) and that is about it, no 48 hr notice. Am I missing something?

thanks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking at doing this I was told it is pretty easy has anyone had any issues? I was told you just show up with your paper work and pay GST and the RIV ( some paperwork to fill out for this at the crossing) and that is about it, no 48 hr notice. Am I missing something?

thanks

lots of threads on Snowandmud about this topic already, also check out www.riv.ca

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's easy breezy. Just make sure trailer has Canadian compliance sticker. Pay gst at border. Than riv fee once home.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I brought one home last year. As mentioned above it was easy. Even the inspection at Canadian tire was easy. I would also carry your paper work In your truck if you are taking it back to the states riding as I have been asked for mine already.

Redneck002

Reaction score
Like a day off hook on and head home make sure you have your title I called Percy Davis In Saskatoon to get a broker and she laughed at me and told me not to waste my money on them and told me what to do.

Top Bottom