Break in after topend recall

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When there is a BRP topend recall on a 2011 E-Tec, does the dealer put a new resistor in or do you treat it like any other topend rebuild break in? Is it true that the pistons and rings are replaced but not the bearings? What else should a guy ask for to be done that isn't included in the recall?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no resistor. They connect your sled to the computer and tell the ECU to go back into break in mode and it reverts back to the settings it used during the initial break in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats good to know. I was going to cheat a little because i didnt think it was like a typical rebuild. I guess I will just ride it

xpsledneck

Reaction score
When there is a BRP topend recall on a 2011 E-Tec, does the dealer put a new resistor in or do you treat it like any other topend rebuild break in? Is it true that the pistons and rings are replaced but not the bearings? What else should a guy ask for to be done that isn't included in the recall?

Ride it like you stold it. Thats what i did

xpsledneck

Reaction score
my motor was rebuilt the exact time all my buddies picked up their 13 doo's we all were past the break-in mode around 250KM
the break in on an e-tec dosent go by mielage it measures fuel consumption and goes of how many liters you have burned

Top Bottom