Brazeau Damn where is the staging area and what trails can you actually use.

Ranarampage

Reaction score
Was just at brazeau dam today and noticed a bunch of signs saying not atvs allowed. wondering if you can actually still use your atv around the area at all lots of staging areas but not sure if i passes the atv use trails or what. Also checked out hells half acre and alberta beach. Hells half acre looks like locals don't want you around, fallen trees at access point, Alberta beach I couldn't find any atv trails. Just thought i would scope out the scene before I made my atv purchases.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Was just at brazeau dam today and noticed a bunch of signs saying not atvs allowed. wondering if you can actually still use your atv around the area at all lots of staging areas but not sure if i passes the atv use trails or what. Also checked out hells half acre and alberta beach. Hells half acre looks like locals don't want you around, fallen trees at access point, Alberta beach I couldn't find any atv trails. Just thought i would scope out the scene before I made my atv purchases.

Alberta Beach ATV Trails are more out towards Sangudo.

If you look up Stanger Hills on Google Maps it will tell you exactly where you need to start from :)

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The no ATV signs are just to protect their respective hienies, however after the overflow was used the trails are all gone and have to be reworked. That is just the canal ones. There are trails to the south of the dam that goes for miles. There is also a trail that goes around the reservoir as well, not for newbies though as there is lots of mud and trees to contend with. This is just a start

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to be alot of good trails by Alder Flats but I haven't been there in about 4 or 5 years so I don't know if any are still open or not.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Dave is referring to is the rash of thefts from that area. Keep your stuff locked up and out of sight if possible. The little darlings from the reservation to the south like to do midnight shopping. It is not a bad place just need precautions. JS. There are a number of threads regarding this so if you look it up you will see what we mean.

Top Bottom