Brake noise and 4x4 indicator light 06' 660

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Had a great time at the campout at out west. I have to problems since the riding that weekend. After the last mudhole I was in( not over the tires)
I had the diff locked and managed to get out. I heard a clunking noise in the front end when I was rocking back and forth to get out of my situation. After I got unstuck, the 4x4 light will not dissengage. I can switch between the 2x4 and 4x4 and it seems to function properly. The light jsut wont go out.
A buddy had the same issue a while back and he ended up sinking $1300 into a buch of parts and labor to fix the diff. I hope this is not the case. Anyone have any experience with this issue??

#2 problem, when I use my back brake, it sounds like I am grinding gears on a big rig. I always made noise for day one new, now it is getting terrible. I have 2100kms on the stock pads but it doesnt sound like it comes from there. Maybe it does, I should probably get some new pads anyway. It doesnt sound like metal on metal its more like a gear grinding sound with a real buzz to it. The belt is original to if that helps.
Please help me, thanks in advance
Major

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm not too sure about your 4x4 problem but I think I can help out with your brakes "there toast" . 2100 kms is a lot on one set of brakes. You may not be metal on metal but have to be getting close now. Grizzlys are famous for noisy brakes along with can-ams. The more worn the shoes get the more free play the pad has to "chatter" in the caliper housing. When I used to ride my grizzly in the mountains every weekend I'd only get 800 kms out of a set of shoes. A combination of steep descents and mud seem to wear them out quickly. When you replace the brake shoes go to an after market product. Hope this helps. :beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I would put this post in the A.T.V. section ,you might get more response,i don't know if you can post in more than one category though???????I will keep looking for ya.

Top Bottom