Brake issues on truck

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas well, took the truck to get my brakes done, and they did the, all, but they never changed or reset the calipers, so when the wife drove home 45mins they were smoking hot coulda cooked a steak on the rims, and a hot almost welding metal smell, so we called the buissiness that did it, they sent a town truck and took it back and got everything changed out and serviced, but now every time we step on the brakes, which they don't feel new anyhow, gotta bury the pedal, but when we go to stop it feels like anti lock brakes a grinding jumping feeling only at slow speeds, sometimes you feel like your gonna rear end a person cause you can't stop, so is there any solutions or guess what it is before we figure out what we're gonna do thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something is up. I have to wonder if they fawked the calipers when pushing them back or the put the pads in backwards? Yes I have seen two guys put pads in backwards when not paying attention.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also good point. Did they replace any of the calipers? If they removed any of the lines it probably has air in there now. Exactly what did they replace?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They replaced the rotors brakes pads calipers in the back cause those were pretty much fawked, but when we slow down comming to a stop the anti lock kicks in and you keep rolling can't stop cause the pedal is jumping

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't bled properly. I'd have a very serious talk with the service manager and don't drive it. Have them rent you a vehicle until this is repaired and have the manager himself test drive it with you when the truck is done.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I do anymore harm by driving this or should it be parked, general question as I hope I haven't wrecked anything by driving it like this? And it was Midas brake and muffler in reddeer, had luck with them before but not this time at all

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't drive it anymore. Too much risk. It would almost be worth having another shop check it out but you would have to pay the bill again and try to get money back from the first shop.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to the original repair shop first and go for a test drive with them. If they don't make it right I'd be demanding all money back and take it to someone else.

D.C

Reaction score
Haha, a little sensitive are we? All I meant by that is it's hard to trust these little shops that do oil changes, brakes and other minor repairs. Jeezus!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If it’s a GM vehicle, they probably have gotten air into the ABS module. Only way to get it out is with a tech 2, or go drive on the gravel road and hammer the brakes and get the ABS to kick in, bleed the brakes, do it again, until you get a stiff pedal.

Check brake lines for swelling.

Pins and bushings in the front calipers are probably roasted.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d be talking to the manager of the shop about re-doing the work at no charge. If no satisfaction that way I’d take it to a more professional shop(dealer?) and get the work done properly. I’d have the new shop take pics, document the problems found and return the parts to you the first shop installed.
Then off to small claims court I’d go. And on the way complain to the BBB, any industry trade associations and give the shop a bad review on every social media site I could find.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, a little sensitive are we? All I meant by that is it's hard to trust these little shops that do oil changes, brakes and other minor repairs. Jeezus!

Sorry bud my bad ya, it's crazy the chit that goes on the story goes it was an apprentice with no one watching over him!??

Top Bottom