BP Tidbits

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil companies pay 8 cents per litre disisater tax......That cost is passed on to consumers.

This spill should cause an increase at the pumps of about $1.00US/Gal and also about a 20% increase on all oil related products...which is a lot of stuff!

It will cost BP around 20 Billion in cleanup costs at current estimates. BP can claim that as losses on theri tax return, EVEN IF THEY ARE PROVEN CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT. That works out to about 4 billion in tax revenue the US governemtn will not see...ever.

A BP scale back will effect in the neighbuorhood of 500 000 peoples livelihoods. Ultimately leading to loss of income, savings, retirement funds, homes and increased debt. Should they become dependent on the state it will cost the government billions.

Whose loses the most..............

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil companies pay 8 cents per litre disisater tax......That cost is passed on to consumers.

This spill should cause an increase at the pumps of about $1.00US/Gal and also about a 20% increase on all oil related products...which is a lot of stuff!

It will cost BP around 20 Billion in cleanup costs at current estimates. BP can claim that as losses on theri tax return, EVEN IF THEY ARE PROVEN CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT. That works out to about 4 billion in tax revenue the US governemtn will not see...ever.

A BP scale back will effect in the neighbuorhood of 500 000 peoples livelihoods. Ultimately leading to loss of income, savings, retirement funds, homes and increased debt. Should they become dependent on the state it will cost the government billions.

Whose loses the most..............
We all lose......end of story...... !! if 1/10th of the stuff that happens with the oil and gas industry was made known to the public this spill could have been prevented along with allot of other disasters going on right in our back yards................ check out what it says about pipeline ruptures in alberta on any gov't site and the provinces enviroment site........ I remember in the news when a company called Suncor ruptured there 16 inch oil pipeline right around wandering river ..... reportedly 1200 liters of oil was spilled.......well let me tell you just by one joint of pipe with a lenght of 18m and a diameter of 16 inches the volume is allot more than 1200 liters....... and that was the only reported pipeline rupture that year....... Theres a big elephant in the room here folks but politics says nobody notice him........... we as ordinary people will never know the full impact that industry has on the enviroment and what we are led to believe is that government is doing everything to protect our interests........well there are allot of elephants in the room in gov't as well in the form of backdoor deals and such all in our best interest of course.......................... Who loses the most here....we all do !

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is all bull crap, they can build amazing buildings around the world, but have trouble stopping that burst. HMMMMMMMM

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is all bull crap, they can build amazing buildings around the world, but have trouble stopping that burst. HMMMMMMMM

It's not just BP, Obviously noone in the industry has the technology to stop a leak like the one in the gulf of Mexico or it would be done.....Exact same thing happened 31 years ago and they learned exactly nothing from it.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not just BP, Obviously noone in the industry has the technology to stop a leak like the one in the gulf of Mexico or it would be done.....Exact same thing happened 31 years ago and they learned exactly nothing from it.[/QUOTE

i agree with you summiteer! they need to have the knowledge of how to fix things when they break, know matter where they are at sea or land, still using old tech is not aceptable...:twocents:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This
is neat....and scary as hell! To put the sheer size of the BP oil spill
into perspective, these guys have created a program to let you measure it
against the land mass surrounding your home town. Click on the link, then
enter your town, province/state and country and 'move' the oil spill.
Scary!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if the capped it yet but the should drop a giant hose over the leak and then load it on a ship somehow at least then it wont spread throught the ocean!
don't you read or watch the news.......... wow!! BC will welcome you with open arms........pppfffttttttt!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard the same thing on the Jason Ellis show on sirius radio. RED DRAGONS!!!!!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard they put a wedding ring on it and it stopped putting out!! LOL

Top Bottom