Boyesen reeds on 2013 proclimb

Emptyrenegade

Reaction score
Ok added a stage two Bikeman kit to my 2013 m8 and the throttle body slides into stock boot a quarter inch further then it does in the boyesen boot causing the air intake boot to stick out of the front the same distance. Now if I don't trim the intake boot down the hood won't fit tight making a gap for snow to plug up the front of machine anyone else out there come across this problem?

Nytrous

Reaction score
Yes, the boyesen cages are longer than the stock ones, you must trim the throttle body boots where they slide on to the throttle body, then remove the rubber gasket where the hood slides on and trim the air box a bit for the hood to slide on all the way. Trim a little then test fit.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that's good to know. I will be looking at vforce. I hope they fit properly.

Emptyrenegade

Reaction score
Actually you have to cut the boot to fit the v force. Instead of cutting the boot for the boyesens I built new gasket for around boot in front to seal up gap and with the help of a ratchet strap to the a arms pulled in the hood a touch to get bolts in and she's all good to go.

thekrust

Reaction score
I just went with Boyesen 2 stage reeds in the stock cages, they work very well. I don't think the 1/2hp gain is worth compromising the intake and other parts for.

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't like the vforce but the rage cage ones are really good great throttle response.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
V-force reeds are not the best, all plastic and they are hard on petals...I would avoid them

Top Bottom