Box liner ideas for a half ton...

HCR800<3

Reaction score
I have a 1500 Ram that I want to put a box liner in for protection from the carbides when loading and unloading my sled as I do not have a sled deck.. Been told a spray in will get damaged.. Not really looking to get a wooden liner if I can help it. Looked at rubber ones just wondering if anyone knows if those will roll up on me? Thanks.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
why don't you just put some SuperGlides down in the box, use the edge rail trim, less holes to drill and it still provides grip, and won't damage the box finish?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand no wooden liner, but what about a sheet of plywood that covers the box floor and tail gate? Would possibly give something for your ramps to sit on as well and not damage your end gate.

I've thrown a machine in my line-x lined truck before and I had had divots put in it.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
I have a ¾” rubber mat in my truck and the carbides don’t slide on the mat very well.
My solution was a 4’ wide piece of ½” plywood with strips of an old plastic box liner screwed to it the width of the skis. Works good.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a ¾” rubber mat in my truck and the carbides don’t slide on the mat very well.
My solution was a 4’ wide piece of ½” plywood with strips of an old plastic box liner screwed to it the width of the skis. Works good.

If it was me, I'd do a spray-In first + Plywood cut to fit around the wheel wells.

I have Line-X + a rubber mat and had the same problem as Hirmkin. The mat doesn't roll up, but the carbides really stick to it.

joe-bert

Reaction score
My box has Line-X and the only place I've actually had divots or marking from the carbides is on the tail gate when I drag it out the back.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have seen someone take an old used boxliner and cut foot wide strips out of the middle and screw them down to a trailer and on there ramp for skis to ride on prob could work for the box of a truck .... just throwin ideas out there

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of different types of spray on liners and Line-X is by far the best in my opinion. The only area that will need other protection is the cap on the tailgate.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worse case a spray liner shop can just re spray the damaged area.....done it to many many trucks as I change trucks every few months. Can't even tell after

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom