Bought me a new toy today with 4 wheels!

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Barton...I sold my Camaro's five years back to start my company and it's being weighing on me. Chased this car years ago and the guy wouldn't sell it, then it became available and I jumped on it. I'm also trying to get my reno's done and today my contractor gave me more excuses with all my siding and windows sitting now and waiting to go in/on. Gotta find a good siding guy so I can get my house done now. Hint hint! :d

if the timing was better I could help you out. I do know a guy that might be able to help you out with the siding. I'll see if he has some free time. When are you ready for siding? Do you need someone to install the windows too?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
if the timing was better I could help you out. I do know a guy that might be able to help you out with the siding. I'll see if he has some free time. When are you ready for siding? Do you need someone to install the windows too?

Yes...

One main front window swap which was ordered to size 113 x64, a set of swap out garden doors to the deck, one small bathroom window ordered to size, and one sealed unit to install and fit into 1/2 moon opening above the main entry door. Siding is all here for the garage and the house (82 bundles) with all prefab corners, and I also need the soffits, eaves and fascia done. Big strip and reinstall project. Siding is CanExcel Cedar-Cue 9" which is a composite wood product and mails on with 3/16" caulked gap. Let me know if you have someone in mind that can handle it.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes...

One main front window swap which was ordered to size 113 x64, a set of swap out garden doors to the deck, one small bathroom window ordered to size, and one sealed unit to install and fit into 1/2 moon opening above the main entry door. Siding is all here for the garage and the house (82 bundles) with all prefab corners, and I also need the soffits, eaves and fascia done. Big strip and reinstall project. Siding is CanExcel Cedar-Cue 9" which is a composite wood product and mails on with 3/16" caulked gap. Let me know if you have someone in mind that can handle it.

I know a guy that does window and doors. Not sure if your looking for someone to do it all or separate trades??

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I know a guy that does window and doors. Not sure if your looking for someone to do it all or separate trades??

Whichever way bud. Heading out for a cruise with the family right now but we should chat. There's a pre 64 car show this weekend (Rollers) at Centennial Park up 14th and 20 Ave NW that I may take in Saturday.

Loving this thing already...that's for damned sure.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Here's a couple more pictures we took tonight.

Me in the car after first cruise
The greaser shot from down low
The interior (original style)
GM Fast Burn 385 w/ LT4 Hot Cam

Attachments

• 55 Bel Air 013.jpg
    55 Bel Air 013.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 55 Bel Air 012.jpg
    55 Bel Air 012.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 55 Bel Air 015.jpg
    55 Bel Air 015.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 55 Bel Air 027.jpg
    55 Bel Air 027.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
The car is a rust free body with an older frame off restoration. The GM crate motor makes 430HP/430TQ and it's backed with a 3500 stall Turbo 400 and a Ford 9" with 4:10 gears and Mosler axles. The car is also equipped with 4 wheel power disk brakes, centerlines and original code marina blue paint.

Great little shoebox that turns out a respectable 13 second quarter mile. Laid out a few smokers tonight and it shifts real tight grabbing rubber through each shift. It still needs a few things but I have a few tweaks planned for it when old man winter rolls around. See you on the blacktop.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The car is a rust free body with an older frame off restoration. The GM crate motor makes 430HP/430TQ and it's backed with a 3500 stall Turbo 400 and a Ford 9" with 4:10 gears and Mosler axles. The car is also equipped with 4 wheel power disk brakes, centerlines and original code marina blue paint.

Great little shoebox that turns out a respectable 13 second quarter mile. Laid out a few smokers tonight and it shifts real tight grabbing rubber through each shift. It still needs a few things but I have a few tweaks planned for it when old man winter rolls around. See you on the blacktop.

Nice parts combination with your awesome car! I have been building my own engines since I was 14. I was taught to try and match up the parts for the engine/trany/gears build up as best you can. Who ever built the car did well with matching things up. What are you planning for your next mod? What is your goal for hp/torque or 1/4 mile times?

Good luck with your new toy! :beep::wtg:

Top Bottom