Bought a Snowcat today

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
New toy for work...Cant wait for it to get here.

Found it in Breckenridge CO. fresh off the ski hill. Comes with 14' blade and tiller. Have no idea what Im gonna do with the tiller, but part of the package. Should clear customs and arrive here by tomorrow night or the next morning.

Attachments

• Snowcat1-1.jpg
    Snowcat1-1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 591
  • Snowcat2-2.jpg
    Snowcat2-2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 586
  • Snowcat3-3.jpg
    Snowcat3-3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice longhorn i have toss the idea around to buy one too and dont bust the front windshield there heated and there $2800 bucks :eek:

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think those wheels are going to do very well in the snow!!! LOL

Nice find! Those have got to be a blast to operate.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey now we know whos got the groomer all we have to do is pass the hat to groom Cataract.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
nice longhorn i have toss the idea around to buy one too and dont bust the front windshield there heated and there $2800 bucks :eek:

LOL I have already been warned...padded window cover for the trailer will be first on the list.

Ya I have tossed it around for about 6 years now, and always chickened out, but this one was a pretty good deal, so I had to jump at it...If its not right I can always bail out of it, but Im pretty sure it will do the job in style. Should out-plow my competition in about 3 minutes LOL.

Cant wait to drive it...my guys are already fighting over who gets to run it, pretty sad when I said 'me'...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I don't think those wheels are going to do very well in the snow!!! LOL

Nice find! Those have got to be a blast to operate.

Well, I dont know yet, but I have a cousin who is a groomer at Lake Louise and he says its better than sex...

Sure hope we get a bunch of snow, dont want to wait as long to drive it as I have to wait for sex :)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get ready for huge repair bills!! the drive pumps, one for either side are 15,000 a piece. Tires are 300-400 same as the aluminum paddles, and allot of the hoses require you to pull the tracks to get at them.And since it a cabover a thermos of coffee can destroy a windshield just as fast as a tree!!

But on a good note they can move 3 times the snow a D6 can in a day!!!! at 15 mph. if you get the blade that has wings.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Get ready for huge repair bills!! the drive pumps, one for either side are 15,000 a piece. Tires are 300-400 same as the aluminum paddles, and allot of the hoses require you to pull the tracks to get at them.And since it a cabover a thermos of coffee can destroy a windshield just as fast as a tree!!

But on a good note they can move 3 times the snow a D6 can in a day!!!! at 15 mph. if you get the blade that has wings.

LOL Im prepared (ya right your never prepared) but lets say 'aware'...

Both drives rebuilt, $3000 service done, new walking beams and foam filled tires. We sold the aluminum tracks and are going with tracks with steel grousers instead of the aluminum.

And yes the $2800 windshield is gonna haunt me, but heck it has to make its own money if it doesnt, its off to the auction she goes LOL.

The moving 3x the snow part is why im excited!!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Wow, very cool, longhorn.......where are you gonna use that.... Groomin' trails?? Or clearing parking lots???

Haha I wish it was grooming trails, because my sled will fit on the back, but sadly it will be for work, we have so much snow down here in places that we are already plowing, Im hoping its going to be a very busy year for moving snow. I have always wanted a snowcat, looked at them for years, but think I finally have enough work to justify one, so it will spend most of its time out on the Suffield Block where we do most of our work.

My goal is to impress the clients enough with its capabilities to justify another one LOL...time will tell.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man i need to find a new line of work between seeing all of Gotboost toys and now your's you guys are making me jealeous.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Great now I know who to quiz when we cant figure something out!

Thanks

Hahaha.....if your drivers drive it like they have to repair it and if they respect it for what it is, you should doo just fine.

It is not a piece of mine equipment or patch equipment waiting for someone who has deep pockets to fix it....just saying!

Enjoy:d:d:d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Man i need to find a new line of work between seeing all of Gotboost toys and now your's you guys are making me jealeous.

Yea it all looks good, but I bet you dont want the hours nor the headaches that go along with it.

Gotta remember, its not 'toys' if its billable LOL, at least that I what I tell my wife. And honestly, with a unit like this, I look for a ROI in 60-90 days...

And trust me, I do know what you are saying, and I do love playing with equipment and a lot of it is like having toys to me...nothing more fun to me than sitting in a good piece of equipment all day and knowing its making you money. Makes getting up in the morning worthwhile...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hahaha.....if your drivers drive it like they have to repair it and if they respect it for what it is, you should doo just fine.

It is not a piece of mine equipment or patch equipment waiting for someone who has deep pockets to fix it....just saying!

Enjoy:d:d:d

Im super lucky in this department, I have a great operator from Croatia, super loyal and treats my stuff better than I do at times. Damn guy actually wears out grease guns...and we are always out of grease.

In a year now, I have yet to find any of our equipment not properly maintained, and on his days off, he often comes in and washes equipment. Only him and I will run it, and I have a super moblie mechanic that has experience working on these so I should be able to keep it in tip-top shape.

Top Bottom