bought a 2001 RMK 800 151 track

spike7ss

Reaction score
I just got back from McBride and it took my 4 rides to wreck something. I did manage to bend the steering stem. But not bent it over, I managed to bend it and twist it at the same time. Time to upgrade for sure.

Sled works well, still getting used to it. One thing it needs is Better Boards or something like it, cant keep the snow outta the boards.

800 Polaris, what are you running for fuel? Mix of premium and race fuel?

Briand

Reaction score
Hey spike hows the sled repair coming? Jammie and i sure had fun in the back after you left. Hope you get it fix for the next trip.

spike7ss

Reaction score
Been several weeks and still havent got my parts to fix the polaris. And to top it off, my Arctic cat died too. Middle of winter and no sled to ride. Waiting on parts for both.

rmk900fan

Reaction score
The new guy's two cents !! I own two of them, both modified. I would check which jets are in it. I bought one 01 rmk 800, the guy twin piped it and pulled the baffles out of the airbox but didn't change the jets ! after I rebuilt it, I went from a 370 jet to a 430 (safe side) and so far so good !!

xpdoodoo

Reaction score
We have to replace that steering post on one of these. Anyone have experience with getting the four lower bolts out? Can you get at them from the tunnel side to hold them? It didn't seem we could get up there with the track still in. Otherwise looks like you can get to the inside with the carbs out, except for one nut that has the motor mount in the way. I assume we will have to lift the motor. Any tips appreciated.

Top Bottom