bottom end bog

800polaris

Reaction score
Hi, I just put a set of splitsecond twins and a boost bottle on my '01 RMK 800.
The sled has lots of power midrange and top end, but a bog at the low end. If i crack it, the sled boggs and then picks up all the power midrange to top end. Would my clutch weights have anything to do with it? air/ fuel mixture or jetting. Sled starts and runs excellent and never had a problem with it, until this bogg happened......any ideas?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of ideas;

did it bog before you put the pipes on? Did you get jetting and clutching info from Split second? If it did not bog before the pipe install talk to Split second.

has the sled sat all summer? did you stabalize your fuel? I would start with taking the carbs off and cleaning them out.

rilesRmk

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem with my 01 Rmk as well. the other day my buddy who works on this stuff said he changed out the jets and he said that it should make it better but i haven't had a chance to run it again since the change. but ya i was having the low end bog as well. i also have twin pipes too

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 01 Doo 800 did that and it turned out one of the carb boot was leaking or fell off.:Holidayslol:

Just a suggestion

Chris

800polaris

Reaction score
A couple of ideas;

did it bog before you put the pipes on? Did you get jetting and clutching info from Split second? If it did not bog before the pipe install talk to Split second.

has the sled sat all summer? did you stabalize your fuel? I would start with taking the carbs off and cleaning them out.

No , no bogg before i put pipes on. there is old fuel in the sled, i think it has to do with jetting/air-fuel mix..... plugs maybe? its in the shop right now so i guess well see:beer::confused:

Top Bottom