Booze on the trail

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
Hey folks. Do a lot of riders booze it up on the trails? I am getting back into the sport and was out in the Bergan area last week only to come across numerous empty beer cans strewn about. I am not against having A drink amongst friends on the trail. However, the amount of empties I noticed in one area suggests more than a couple of drinks by no more than two sleds. This can make for a very dangerous situation for other riders. In addition, leaving the empties is not acceptable. I hope to enjoy this sport with a drink here or there and not have to worry about someone getting hurt. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
empty cans are lighter than full ones...pack it in pack it out. Know your limits and play safe... Should be simple, however it's often not.

Hey folks. Do a lot of riders booze it up on the trails? I am getting back into the sport and was out in the Bergan area last week only to come across numerous empty beer cans strewn about. I am not against having A drink amongst friends on the trail. However, the amount of empties I noticed in one area suggests more than a couple of drinks by no more than two sleds. This can make for a very dangerous situation for other riders. In addition, leaving the empties is not acceptable. I hope to enjoy this sport with a drink here or there and not have to worry about someone getting hurt. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to snow and mud

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome trashy 668. Feels like home already

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be from quaders in summer or winter, also hunters too

I may have 4 tea's on a all-day ride of 8 hours.... Some pack way too many, and drink them all... But that's any where or any off road activity it seems

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hunters don't drink! It's the law
Could be from quaders in summer or winter, also hunters too

I may have 4 tea's on a all-day ride of 8 hours.... Some pack way too many, and drink them all... But that's any where or any off road activity it seems

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
Cans were fresh along with sled tracks and footprints. As long as everyone is respecting nature and being responsible..... Let the good times roll

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to sledding and to the site. Unfortunately this seems to be the norm everywhere you go, we see people in the parking lot at 9 in the morning having one before they start. Keep in mind most of them get in a truck at the end of the day and drive home, or wherever they are staying.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to sledding R-Dad. If you encounter half pissed littering idiots I imagine you know what to do with our blessings:)

Pantherscry

Reaction score
Welcome back to sledding and to the site. Unfortunately this seems to be the norm everywhere you go, we see people in the parking lot at 9 in the morning having one before they start. Keep in mind most of them get in a truck at the end of the day and drive home, or wherever they are staying.

Seems like every other group is drinking as they unload for the day. I'm all for a couple throughout the day but way to many packing in 24 and bringing out none. Cabin at quartz it a mess. Cans are not the end of the world as the club can get a few bucks for them but the guys leaving their cans are leaving all their other trash as well. This issue is everywhere. Would be nice if people had some more respect for the areas. As far as being drunk, lets just hope they only hurt themselves and not others.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my sled and wife's sled have decal's on them saying ZERO TOLERANCE and i live by it. When it comes to booze i have been well known to voice my thoughts to ALL in groups before a ride and many times not been very popular. 99% of the time people go by what i say in groups i find my self riding with, just to avoid the wrath. There are people on this site that have riden with me and know my tolerance.
I have never been known for popularity and don't give a rip, you don't like it, then leave. Most everyone have no issues with it.
Though i have no problem with those who choose to have a beer on the trail during a lunch break.
I also in the same frame of mind with drug's, including pot.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like - 1 1/2 beer per km.

You drive fast that's a lot of beer! I will have a tuff time keeping up this summer!

But like most on here said I to have no issues having a few beers on the trail! I don't get smashed but I do have some. I always pack out more then I pack in! Sledding I tend not to pack out more as the emptys get covered up and I don't see them, but I always pack mine out! On my sxs my box is filled with empties that are not mine (well some are). The one thing I have notice this year is the trash left behind by ice fisher man!

Last edited:
Top Bottom