boost bogs some days worse than others

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the problem Powder bogs or ? My 23 powder bogged when exhaust side was jammed in 3-4 feet of snow but after break in mode it seems to have stopped bogging . I just got back from a week in Revvy sled rips with a gear down kit and Linyx track

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
random. it will do it even when cut in on the left edge. sensors and injectors have been changed already. out of break in. my 22 works well right now also. his buds 23 also seems good. seeing if anyone else had issues and what may fix it. he sent me a vid and it sounds like a sick calf.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent had a bog issue so far on my 23. Only been out twice. It idles at 2200-2300 though. I figure thats a little to high.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had one bogging very bad.
It was 100% the aftermarket can it had on. Switch back to stock and its 100% again. It was really bad, basically unusable the way it was. Couldn’t barely get it up a small hill.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had one bogging very bad.
It was 100% the aftermarket can it had on. Switch back to stock and its 100% again. It was really bad, basically unusable the way it was. Couldn’t barely get it up a small hill.

Does Polaris have a v shaped exhaust deflector like the skidoos? Lots of aftermarket cans stick past the v deflector which is designed to put a groove in the snow for exhaust to exit when it’s deep. When it’s lower than that you get serious bogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may have been some of the problem. The exhaust exit was almost up inside the outlet hole. But it didn’t seem to matter too much, even if you could sidehill with the exhaust up and clear it still wasn’t 100%

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tunnel dump on this Polaris no bog either

Attachments

• 04CABC30-4DB2-4721-9FFB-14AA63A0A228.jpeg
    04CABC30-4DB2-4721-9FFB-14AA63A0A228.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 160

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tunnel dump on this Polaris no bog either

I’ve snuffed those out too may times to count. Been running a tunnel dump 5-6 years now they are way better in every way, Minus the hole in the tunnel.
3de1d6e0ff324b2d69366aa7f2f11d6f.jpg

Don’t mind the ch!t welding it was done in my garage not at the welding shop .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt.sledder

Reaction score
Just bend up a piece of aluminum and rivet it to the existing exhaust deflector that will add about an inch to its length. Works good.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran turbos for years.. never had an issue with exhaust being in stock location. My issue was too little intake, they need more air. Best solution was plowing a hole in the top intake and plumbing in a boondocker dildo out the dash. Sled ran like a dream after that.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if peeps are having that much of an issue fog horn the biotch at the dealers so they dont cry later about a mod.
Personally I have not had an issue with my boost since new, well one but it was created by my hand, a rock and a tree.
To much interweb sensationalizing by some to promote Doolaid, and how many will admit that they are part of their issues.
Failurs, sure.
Writing off entire model years - horseshat.
I have had every new brand model since 2017 and by far the best is the boost. (Might try 9R next year)
Bogs in deep snow, fog horn it.
If you have an issue try fix it, complaining fixes nothing.

Last edited:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if peeps are having that much of an issue fog horn the biotch at the dealers so they dont cry later about a mod.
Personally I have not had an issue with my boost since new, well one but it was created by my hand, a rock and a tree.
To much interweb sensationalizing by some to promote Doolaid, and how many will admit that they are part of their issues.
Failurs, sure.
Writing off entire model years - horseshat.
I have had every new brand model since 2017 and by far the best is the boost. (Might try 9R next year)
Bogs in deep snow, fog horn it.
If you have an issue try fix it, complaining fixes nothing.
what does fog horn mean?

Top Bottom