boondocker woes

scrub

Reaction score
Was recently riding out in revy. Rode the whole day without any problems. About 330 my sled just crapped out, out of the blue. Was only running on one cylinder and then quit all together. Unplugged my boondocker controller and it fired up first pull. WTF. Running an 07M8 with y-pipe, single pipe,can, reeds & intake. I have heard that on the 07's you don't need to run a boondocker with these mods, but don't want to burn it down. Don't have a pyro yet. Ran it for a whole day with no problems, although it did seem a little too peppy on the way down the mountain. Have heard that it could be from moisture putting the boondocker into limp mode. Any suggestions?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a PCV, install, get map from RACINSTATION on Snowest and forget about it. It incorporates the factory barometer, whereas the boondocker is independent. Therefore always needs tinkering.

scrub

Reaction score
I dont think the pcv's are ready yet. Can u even get a map for an 07?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes they are ready. i received one in november and works great on my 08 m8 and kelsey installed a second map for the setup i'm running on my 07 m8. I'm thinking about selling the boondocker i have and purchase another pcv.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
You need to do all of the obvious things first, check your ground and all wires. Then you need to pull apart your connectors to the injectors and make sure that they are still clipped into the harness properly and that no wires rubbed or broke. You should have had a warning come up on the boondocker box though, if so call them and they will help you diagnose the problem, they were great with me.

Top Bottom