boondocker control box help!!

saylerrr

Reaction score
hey guys its mark i have an 06 m7 with monster twin d & d pipes and can, v force reeds, boondocker box and egt gauge. havin trouble setting my control box and getting my temps the same and im over heating 1200 - 12 70 if pinned to long !! what the hell can i do and can someone help me with the best set up of numbers please.my temp gauge also says one side is burning way hotter then the oter side
mark

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys its mark i have an 06 m7 with monster twin d & d pipes and can, v force reeds, boondocker box and egt gauge. havin trouble setting my control box and getting my temps the same and im over heating 1200 - 12 70 if pinned to long !! what the hell can i do and can someone help me with the best set up of numbers please.my temp gauge also says one side is burning way hotter then the oter side
mark

Where are your probes located? Your cylinders will burn at two different temps, they will never be 100% the same, mine are usually about 30 degrees apart at idle, then at mid-range and wide open they are about 15 degrees apart. 1200 is not overheating, 1300 is getting too hot IMO but depends on the motor, your's might be different than mine. One of my sleds likes temps in the 1250-1300 range and runs there 1/2 the day, I have seen as high as 1320 on the EGT once but that was pushing it so I turned the choke on (going uphill) :D, check your plugs DO NOT tune by your EGT, you need to correlate what your EGT readings are to your plugs, only worry about your EGT readings once you've done the correlation.

Also if you are running too rich you can get fuel burning in the pipe and this will give you high EGT readings (false positives). Check your plugs, don't even bother reading the EGT screen until you've done a bunch of plug checks and have a feel for how the sled runs.

CodyKidd

Reaction score
i called arctic edge and talked to brent linderman
and he gave me some codes that would help you start off
where yr not going to start wrecked ch!t then tune it in
from there

Top Bottom