Booked for Sat @ Cataract w/ Wife. Her first time out...

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Finally booked the in laws to watch the kids for a day and will now get the wife out for her first ride in many years. She'll ride the spare sled (600 Mountain Max) we bought and it should be fun for her. It's been a long time coming but this is good as I can then gauge her comfort to see if she's cool with riding and hopefully get the kids out with us soon after.

Won't make the stars ride but should be out to the meadows or back on the southwest side of the trails via the logging road. Looking forward to it now and the weathers gonna be great! Should be out by 10:30 AM or so this Saturday. This picture is as close as she's been to riding it since I brought it home. lmao

Attachments

• Sleds 004.jpg
    Sleds 004.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 74

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
LOL she looks thrilled like my wife does when I talk about sledding...She has however agreed to come for HER first ride in many years soon, so keep us posted how it goes!

Newb question...Where is the heck is Cattaract Creek. I have heard a lot about, but dont really know where it is...

thanks

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Cataract Creek is an area of the Kananaskis Park area in Southern Alberta. It lays about 100klm SW of Calgary or 25 minutes west of Longview. There's a couple hundred klm of trails through the area and access to BC by heading up over the Fording pass. It's as local to Calgary as one can get for riding around here.

Here's a video that shows some of the area.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFkGg1yXaA&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Finally booked the in laws to watch the kids for a day and will now get the wife out for her first ride in many years. She'll ride the spare sled (600 Mountain Max) we bought and it should be fun for her. It's been a long time coming but this is good as I can then gauge her comfort to see if she's cool with riding and hopefully get the kids out with us soon after.

Won't make the stars ride but should be out to the meadows or back on the southwest side of the trails via the logging road. Looking forward to it now and the weathers gonna be great! Should be out by 10:30 AM or so this Saturday. This picture is as close as she's been to riding it since I brought it home. lmao

My wife said she would come out with me as well, first ride in a couple of years, I will be in the staging area of the Cataract end at about 9AM or so, to organize the riders etc, plan is to head out around 10, I have told everyone 9:30 so they would be on time. I tried to drop off the disc for you but you seem to keep bankers hours at the shop,, oh sorry,, "your working", LOL...

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on Graeme. It's about time she gets out we were starting to wonder if she existed. Hopefully see you around still at the end of the day for a beer.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Got out with the wife for a few hours yesterday and she had a blast. I developed a fuel leak along the trails so that shortened our day just after 2PM and headed back to Etherington to load up. We did stop over to Cataract at about 3:30-3:45 but nobody around...just a bunch of trailers.

Hope you guys had a good ride yesterday?

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Got out with the wife for a few hours yesterday and she had a blast. I developed a fuel leak along the trails so that shortened our day just after 2PM and headed back to Etherington to load up. We did stop over to Cataract at about 3:30-3:45 but nobody around...just a bunch of trailers.

Hope you guys had a good ride yesterday?

Had a great day, 19 riders out, split into 2 groups and rode over 100 klm.
A little carnage on 1 sled, I'll let him tell about it, but beautiful, blue sky day, great company, everyone had a great time. We were back to Cataract about 4:30 I believe, loaded up, bit of a social in the parking lot, then a foggy ride home. Wifey is a bit stiff and sore today, not nearly as bad as I anticipated.
Will post more later, hope to try my hand at video editing and have something posted soon.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi GasCan,
Glad you and the Mrs.GasCan had fun.It sounds like you had the same kind of a day as myself.Not!!
Thanks for getting me hooked up with the club,very nice people.
I hope to get out for a ride with you yet this season,I just have a couple of things to fix first.
Are you going to the Jamboree?

Cheers,
Dave

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Yes we did have a good time Dave, and glad you hooked up with some of the club members as they are some great people. Don't know about the Jamboree yet but most likely I will be down there with my camper and everything loaded up. Here's a few pictures from this past weekend with the wife and I at Cataract.

Attachments

• CAB 006.jpg
    CAB 006.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 51
  • CAB 033.jpg
    CAB 033.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 54
  • CAB 038.jpg
    CAB 038.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 64
  • CAB 042.jpg
    CAB 042.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 61
  • CAB 053.jpg
    CAB 053.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 63
  • CAB 057.jpg
    CAB 057.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 67

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mrs.GasCan looks pretty comfortable on your sled,did she get to give it a try?
Also if you look I am member #2 in GasCan social club.
I am going to have to try harder to get my better half out for a ride.
And yes the club has a real bunch of nice members,I hope more people that use the trail system in Cataract will join the club to keep our not so little area open and clean.
Check out the club at this link: Calgary Snow Mobile Club Home

Dave

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
She didn't ride the Nytro but I'd bet she'll be riding an XTX model come 2011. I made a video of some footage shot on the weekend which was intended for her (hence the music selection being inspirational) but here it is for anyone else that wants to see it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeawTLthCEQ&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great times,I'll be getting my better half to watch this tonight,I hope this will inspire her to give it a try.
She sure was picking up speed and when she took off her helmet and was so excited it took me back to my first ride.:d
Thanks for the video Mr.& Mrs.GasCan.

Cheers,
Dave:beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She didn't ride the Nytro but I'd bet she'll be riding an XTX model come 2011. I made a video of some footage shot on the weekend which was intended for her (hence the music selection being inspirational) but here it is for anyone else that wants to see it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeawTLthCEQ&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

your going to have to let us know when your doing the pocket yorkshires

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your going to have to let us know when your doing the pocket yorkshires

i got hungry when I heard that also,kind of got my imagination going as to what could be in them.
I'll have to be on that ride,Hmmmm pocket yorkshires!!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
All I can tell you is her Pocket Yorkshires are pretty damned good! Stuff them with anything from home made stew to roast beef with gravy and ya better break the napkins out!.

Now I'm getting hungry too!

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Great video, looks like she had fun,, I took my wife out with us on Saturday, rode over 100 klm on her first outing in 3 years, she is still sore but vows to go again soon, she had forgotten how much fun it is !

Top Bottom