boiling gas

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bro in laws 2007 griz 700 keeps pressuring up and boiling the gas. I took the tank vent apart and cleaned it and blew through it and it seems to be fine now. Went for a small ride and all good. Is there anything else i might have missed?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tanks on some atv's are so close to the engines and absorb so much heat. It helps to cover the tank with reflective tape if you feel like taking the tank off.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The grizz transfers a lot of heat to the tank and it's not uncommon for the vent to make a lot of noise on hot days especially after giving it a work out. My '07 whistles like crazy after climbing a hill. Apparently there is an updated check valve that relieves at a lower pressure but I would think that it's just going make more noise sooner. :D Maybe insulating the tank might work? Heat tape may do the trick.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 always boiled the gas my 09 did not >i think its the roll over valve and a differant gas cap

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
my grizzly pressured up so bad once it sprayed me in the face when i pulled the cap off..thank christ i wasnt smoking..:cigar:

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, well i thought they (yamaha) had this fixed for 07 and newer. I will get the bro in law to check into the update on the check valve. It almost seems like the cap isn't venting properly. Thanks guys.

Nubs

Reaction score
I used to have the same problem with my Grizz, Cut a few more breather holes to let the heat escape out the side plastics beside the motor. Used to Pressure up so bad it would stall out the machine.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... rollover valve seized.
Very very common issue with grizzlies. Cheap fix to replace it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem with my Grizz, Cut a few more breather holes to let the heat escape out the side plastics beside the motor. Used to Pressure up so bad it would stall out the machine.

Common issue. Do the above mentioned mod - a dozen or better 1/4"-3/8" holes in each side should do it. Also pulling the plastic off the sides of the engine area helps too. Not cosmetically appealing but works. Kodiak's have the same issue. My buddy pulls his off in the spring and just calls it winterizing his machine when he puts them back on in the late fall lol!

Top Bottom