Bogus photo radar ticket

uninc...

Reaction score
You don't have to talk to a judge. You go to the courthouse ask to speak with crown prosecutor and tell him your story. I've asked for reductions on many tickets, Usually they will do something. And you can go any day before the due date.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They always reduce tickets if you go down ahead of time. It frees up time on the prosecutors docket and frees up the cop from court time. They both get paid for not being there. If everyone who got a photo radar ticket actually fought it, the system would grind to a halt. They're banking that 95+% of people won't appear. Those that do they want to get rid of.

Its all about safety, not revenue. BAHAHAHA.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at most court houses there is a hearings officer, and this can be handled by them, without going into court to fight the ticket.... they are quite reasonable and I fought and won a ticket that way... the photo was taken too closely to the next speed sign.... was a 60kph zone and I was accelerating to the next sign that was 80kph.... I too was clocked at 75kph, because I was accelerating up to the 80kph. the photo radar never should have been placed that closely to the change in speed area, and the hearings officer agreed.... said they had several complaints come in, in the previous weeks, and they said there would probably be several more. It is unrealistic for them to expect a driver not to accerate up to the speed previous, because you can see the sign a 50 yards before or so...

I'd fight the ticket ;)

x2
Usually they don't post up in places like that or on downhills for that reason. In BC back when they had photo-radar they were not allowed to do that at all.

greenlightning86

Reaction score
this marks your transition zone. you don't see these telling you to speed up

Driving North of St Albert as you pass the Costco the limit is 60 then you have > 80 with an arrow > 80 > 100 with an arrow> 100

Are these not the speed up transitions zones you say do not exist.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving North of St Albert as you pass the Costco the limit is 60 then you have > 80 with an arrow > 80 > 100 with an arrow> 100

Are these not the speed up transitions zones you say do not exist.
well then, please accept my apologies. if those signs are not present, then is there an acceleration transition zone? I'm sticking with no...

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fight the ticket. This "system of speed enforcement" preys upon people that cannot afford a day off or just couldn't be bothered. If everyone fought for their rights, the system would backup and many tickets would be thrown out. This happened in BC, eventually they realized it was a crooked system and discontinued it.

Top Bottom