bogging

xfire1000

Reaction score
hey all, i have a 08 xfire 1000, new this year, i have 600 miles on it and last night i put a 2" camoplast track on it, (had 1 1/4) wow sweet traction, but the sled the last while seem boggin when i take it off the trailer, but goes away prety quick...and today first run with the new track was really slack all day, usually hits 7800 ish, today would just touch 6000 rpm after it warmed up, was better for the first min of riding, felt crisper, better rpms...i was wondering mabey power valve issue? anyone had this problem?...thanks..

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check to make sure your p/v cables did not pop off near the servo motor,and is the wrench flashing?

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An 08 1000 stock runs 7400 rpm stock, 7700 with pipe kit.
Im thinkin that the track may be pulling you down, u may have to lighten weights or lower your helix angle.

xfire1000

Reaction score
the wrench light isn't flashing, i will check the cables tonight for sure, i checked the plugs perfect brown color, also when i installed the track i stiffened up primary clutch spring, i removed it and still the same thing...i think the weights are 85g on mine, i do have set of 80 for mountains..but i wonder why it runs good at the first and then acts up, its like its stuttering more so than bogging i guess...i have herd of p/v cables stretching...

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having the same kind of issues with my Xfire 6. Ran great ontil I put a 144X 2" track on it. Bogging and backfiring. Hope we both can find a solution to this problem. Dont want to go back to the factory track. :(

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe need to gear down a notch for the new track? Maybe not so easy with the diamond drive?

xfire1000

Reaction score
well had a chance tonight to look at it, started with the power valves and i found that the cable that runs to clutch side valve had gotten pinched between the tunnel and the belt guard, the cable was sticking in the case, i moved it back and forth a few times and now snaps the valve back..i am ordering a new cable but not sure on the adjustment of it?... i herd there is a tool for that..

Top Bottom