Bogging pro

joshlstack

Reaction score
I have a 2011 pro with low kms that has a slight hesitation or bogging problem in low rpms.
Between 4000 and 5500 it wants to hesitate and almost stop unless i feed it more fuel.
checked TPS, Ethenol plug, exaust sensor. No engine light yet but still same symtoms of bogging. top end runs strong.
Will water in tank do this?
Dirty injectors?
I am new to this machine.

Aker

Reaction score
What's your throttle cable tension like? If there's any slack it will hesitate, where the handlebars meet the post there is a black rubber cover on the cable push that out of the way and the cable can be adjusted for slack.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I'm having the same issue. Bog between 4000-5000 rpm. Engine only has 800km on it. I was getting the check engine light flashing just after the bog, so my guess is detonation. I'm going to siphon out the gas and replace with fresh to see if that fixes it. Might have gotten bad gas somewhere.

joshlstack

Reaction score
Ya I am draining tank aswell, as for the throttle cable tension, Its pretty darn close to where it should be. It bogs well into the rpm chain where it should be running strong.
I just dont know with this one.

Aker

Reaction score
Check the display for codes could be the pipe sensor going bad. If there 2011 next would be injectors.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After changing out my fuel starting it up and letting it warm up completely. I changed the resistor back to non ethanol and took it for a quick test up and down the alley. Blipping the throttle lots and getting it up to 6000 rpm (beyond the area it was bogging) I didn't have any problems. Hopefully it was just bad gas causing detonation. I'll have to test it further this week.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

flygti32

Reaction score
My buddy just had his pro 2011 in for the same issue. The guys in the shop changed everything on this sled and nothing would solve the problem, hooked a fuel pressure regulator to check pump pressure, everything was good. Last option to try was the stator and replace the entire electrical harnesss. Got into the stator and found the ground wire was shorting out because the stator had come loose and rubbed the wire bare. Lesson here is, start with the simple things and work your way through the sled, cause it could be an obvious problem, or it could be something stupid like this.

Krule77

Reaction score
Buddy of mine had everything on his sled replaced to fix this problem with no luck. There is a small hole vent on the cylinders that plugs up. Unplug that hole and all issues go away. Can be done buy just removing the head

Top Bottom